Images appearing lighter on the LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

not spavin

Striker
Noticed an issue recently where I take a series of pictures that look great on the LCD, but are really underexposed when transferred to my computer.

End up having to mess around with em which leads to noise.

Is there any reason why a picture would darken when transferred? I use iPhoto if that makes any difference. This is mainly a problem when shooting at night - do images in LCDs generally appear lighter when viewed at night?

andy m

Midfield
Don't want to patronise you but can you not adjust the LCD brightness? I've had to do it on my D80 to get a bit closer accuracy to the actual shot...

Or, is your monitor in need of calibration?

clyde

Winger
whats iphoto mate? try looking at them on other software incase the problem lies with iphoto maybe?

ps, andy..you seen the moon tonight...reet out above the sea, should have been there the other night like.

andy m

Midfield
whats iphoto mate? try looking at them on other software incase the problem lies with iphoto maybe?

ps, andy..you seen the moon tonight...reet out above the sea, should have been there the other night like.
Aye, looks mint the neet like...mint!

not spavin

Striker
Don't want to patronise you but can you not adjust the LCD brightness? I've had to do it on my D80 to get a bit closer accuracy to the actual shot...

Or, is your monitor in need of calibration?
Hadn't noticed it being a problem before tbh, but it could be that the LCD screen is too bright.

When I imported them into iPhoto (it's the standard Mac photo software clyde) the histogram showed that they were really underexposed. Don't usually check the histogram on the camera itself.

I'll check the brightness settings, might be that.

taipeisafc

Winger
Hadn't noticed it being a problem before tbh, but it could be that the LCD screen is too bright.

When I imported them into iPhoto (it's the standard Mac photo software clyde) the histogram showed that they were really underexposed. Don't usually check the histogram on the camera itself.

I'll check the brightness settings, might be that.
This happened to me once and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what was wrong, then I remembered I'd previously put in some exposure compensation (I cannot remember why but it was a good idea at the time) so everything was 2 stops underexposed - put this right and it was sorted until I did the same thing when I had the camera setup to do bracketted exposures.......you think I would have learnt by now.

not spavin

Striker
This happened to me once and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what was wrong, then I remembered I'd previously put in some exposure compensation (I cannot remember why but it was a good idea at the time) so everything was 2 stops underexposed - put this right and it was sorted until I did the same thing when I had the camera setup to do bracketted exposures.......you think I would have learnt by now.
It could well be that alright, been caught out with that before actually.

Just tried to check the EXIF on Flickr but the fecker isn't working on the new version - anyone else finding this?

Status
Not open for further replies.