I'm at a bastard wedding on the day of the play off final

Why so defensive?

If I don't go to the wedding there'll be an empty seat and the meal they've paid for will be wasted, socially unacceptable thing to do and I'll feel shit and fall out with people.

You can run a half marathon on your tod the day before.
not defensive but similarly, I've agreed to drive two others down to Liverpool. One of who has booked digs for us to stay in the night before. I'd be messing their plans round and letting them down.

what in gods name led you to the discovery of that little piece of hell!!

My team at work won a £50 Amazon voucher in a work competition last year. We were struggling to find anything to benefit the whole team so I started looking for daft things and found life sized cardboard cutouts. Ainsley is good value as he's a tall lad. Danny deVito and Warwick Davis both cost the same and get you far less celebrity cardboard. Ed Sheeran's more dartable though!

Don't think we've used the voucher yet.

You getting compo?

I don't think Amazon do life sized cardboard cutouts of any of the Last of the Summer Wine characters.

Last edited:
Got some good news and bad news. Good news the operation was a success. The bad news it was the wrong operation.

You getting compo?

No. I don't get sick pay so a few weeks off work is going to hit me in the pocket again. I could claim but it's against the NHS. We had to fight tooth and nail to get stuff that we needed for my Dad due to funding levels, so I'd feel shite taking money out when I know the NHS is strapped for funds.

No. I don't get sick pay so a few weeks off work is going to hit me in the pocket again. I could claim but it's against the NHS. We had to fight tooth and nail to get stuff that we needed for my Dad due to funding levels, so I'd feel shite taking money out when I know the NHS is strapped for funds.
If they were negligent they need to at least compensate for loss of earnings. Good luck.
Jack Ross needs an operation. He's got a bad side.

My own wedding clashes with a final.

Luckily it's the Champions League final and I couldn't give a fuck.

3 of my daytime guests however... :lol:

In fairness I've told them once the cake cutting and first dance and what have you is out the way go find somewhere as the venue doesn't have a telly. I'm not a complete bastard and if it was Sunderland I wouldn't think twice about doing the same if the roles were reversed

It's like the Play offs is about football:lol:
Some people have a warped view of life.

I had tickets for a music festival when I was about 17 and couldn’t wait to go. I ended up getting glandular fever/tonsillitis or something and was bed ridden and missed it.

My dad felt sorry for me so he came in my room with a radio where they were broadcasting live from the main stage at the festival. He thought that would cheer me up. It had the opposite effect.

If I’m not going to the match with all my pals I’d rather not watch it to be honest.

Back