im an alchoholic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a good idea for posters to stop continually calling others thick and being sarcastic and using that little laughy emoticon to ridicule and belittle others. Might be a good idea to calmly explain why someone is wrong or misguided in their views instead of mobbing and resorting to derogatory responses. I'm sure I've been guilty of it at times but it's a constant feature on here.

Might be a good idea for posters to stop continually calling others thick and being sarcastic and using that little laughy emoticon to ridicule and belittle others. Might be a good idea to calmly explain why someone is wrong or misguided in their views instead of mobbing and resorting to derogatory responses. I'm sure I've been guilty of it at times but it's a constant feature on here.
Keeping out of the politics forum would be a good start .

im an alcoholic because what the restrictions has done to my life now i wish to die. im sick of arguing with people. all the best lads/lasses
Please get help today. Things may seem bad but there is a future and things will get better. This isn’t forever. Please talk to someone- it will help.

im an alcoholic because what the restrictions has done to my life now i wish to die. im sick of arguing with people. all the best lads/lasses
As some others have said. I've been there too. It's the most evil destructive substance going in the wrong hands especially in circumstances like these

A lot of people simply don't understand. Getting off it is really hard. Best thing I ever did but every single day there's a voice that can nag at me to drink
Stay strong and well done for seeking help and being able to admit you have a drink problem. I couldn't tell anyone I know how much I drink. They would be shocked. Everyday since March for me (to be fair was every day before then as well😉). I'd probably class myself as a high functioning alcoholic. Pretty much 4 and half years now like that to deal with 'life' and depression . Finish work and its straight to Aldi to get 4 cans then nip to the garage when they gone. It's so easy to end up using alcohol to self medicate. You get to realise whats best to avoid hangovers and function and hide it well.
Can relate to this. It became my way of life for a while. Finish work, pissed by 7pm, zonked out shortly after, but learned exactly how much I could manage to still function the next day

Last edited:
Am really sorry to hear you’re going through such a rough time 😞.

I know it’s not always to hear it - but try to remember people come out the end of the most awful feelings and despair - and it does get better for most people.

Try and hang on in there - things won’t always be this bleak.

Get on the phone to someone or meet with them. One day at a time enable
Maybe join an online aa meeting today ... 👍👍

As some others have said. I've been there too. It's the most evil destructive substance going in the wrong hands especially in circumstances like these

A lot of people simply don't understand. Getting off it is really hard. Best thing I ever did but every single day there's a voice that can nag at me to drink

Can relate to this. It became my way of life for a while. Finish work, pissed by 7pm, zonked out shortly after, but learned exactly how much I could manage to still function the next day
Bit by bit it takes over your day and how you spend it. If I go for a day out on way back it's straight to a supermarket for booze. Start early on a night so not over the limit in a morning, avoiding high strength stuff like spirits and wine only for weekends (start sunday dinnertime) .

It's so easy to slip into a routine without even realising you are completely reliant on alcohol. I avoid high strength stuff like spirits and wine so that not hungover for work or over the limit and tend to start early at tea-time. You even start working out what is the best value financially to maintain the daily drinking. I find cans are best as they take longer to drink and fill in the time.

Always pays to remember you're talking to a real person when you type out insults on here.

Best of luck op, talk to the Samaritans, nothing is permanent and things will get better.

Bit by bit it takes over your day and how you spend it. If I go for a day out on way back it's straight to a supermarket for booze. Start early on a night so not over the limit in a morning, avoiding high strength stuff like spirits and wine only for weekends (start sunday dinnertime) .

It's so easy to slip into a routine without even realising you are completely reliant on alcohol. I avoid high strength stuff like spirits and wine so that not hungover for work or over the limit and tend to start early at tea-time. You even start working out what is the best value financially to maintain the daily drinking. I find cans are best as they take longer to drink and fill in the time.
For me it became a way of coping with the most awful job I ever had. As the afternoon wore on, well if I do few more hours of this I can forget it with a drink etc

Don’t give in marra, you have f***ing no idea how your life might be in a years time .
I’ve met loads of people in your position who have managed to turn it around but you cant do it all by yourself so like everyone said , get some help and talk to someone .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back