im an alchoholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

im an alcoholic because what the restrictions has done to my life now i wish to die. im sick of arguing with people. all the best lads/lasses
I hope you get the help you need and you can get through this marra. I’ve been in a dark place before, many many years ago. It’s true when they say you don’t know what’s around the corner. You don’t. Never ever give up you could miss so much you never believed possible.

Keep your chin up son. And take this place with a pinch of salt.

Best advice I can give is do a bit of exercise every day and set yourself some goals. Best of luck

thanks people. i really Appredciate it. fell down the stairs and hurt my leg an back
i had a lovely phone call off samartins aswell so thanks for that suggesion

Don't know if you live in Sunderland (I don't) but please consider self-referring to Sunderland Talking Therapies - Self Referral - Sunderland IAPT. They will be able to provide you with some support.

Also, if you find yourself in a crisis and you don't feel you can keep yourself safe. Please call the Sunderland helpline at the bottom of the page - Need help now? | Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust

What happened to the separate Covid and mental health board that was on here months ago?. That would be good to have again or just any mental health issues board. On here we are all pretty anonymous and it's good to get stuff out. In real life it's not easy to tell people close to you that your a mess due to the fear of being judged or simply not wanting to lose mates and stuff

What happened to the separate Covid and mental health board that was on here months ago?. That would be good to have again or just any mental health issues board. On here we are all pretty anonymous and it's good to get stuff out. In real life it's not easy to tell people close to you that your a mess due to the fear of being judged or simply not wanting to lose mates and stuff
Agreed. Lost a few mates in a way. People just dunno what to say.

Actually got a message the other week out the blue. Bit small talk. Then something like, we've been mates for years, you can talk to me. Give a brief outline. Then no reply since. Can be very lonely

I ve posted a few times before about my experience. 22 years ago I was diagnosed as clinically depressed and suffered a full on breakdown. It lasted about 8 months. I was imagining all sorts, lost my marbles and thought about ending it all.
My Mrs was not sympathetic telling me I would only get better if I wanted to. I wanted to but didn’t know how.
( She didn’t know I was thinking of ending it). Counselling didn’t work for me. I wouldn’t take any meds and basically kicked off when I was seing psychiatrists. Things were bleak.
I just woke up one morning determined to beat it, see my kids grow up and get back to work. It was if someone had switched a light on in my head, I literally saw the light.
No matter how bad it seems, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Be determined to beat it and you will. Be positive and everyone can beat depression.
Good Luck to anyone suffering.

Agreed. Lost a few mates in a way. People just dunno what to say.

Actually got a message the other week out the blue. Bit small talk. Then something like, we've been mates for years, you can talk to me. Give a brief outline. Then no reply since. Can be very lonely

Yeh thats the reality of talking sometimes too people you know. You can end up feeling worse than you did before you spoke. I find it's better to let slip too people who are not too close. A mate of mine mentioned how happy I always was the other week and I just smiled. If I said to mates by the way I'd started writing suicide notes to the people I cared about , and that loads of my instagram and facebook posts were just so when I was gone people could realise how unhappy and ill I really was, like clues think it would shock them and they wouldn't believe me

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole COVID thing invites low grade depression in most people. Then, seeing as we are confined to home so much more, downing more booze is an easy answer. except it makes things worse. Stopped drinking six weeks ago - just tell myself what's so great about swallowing ethanol anyhow. -Things are much better.

This whole COVID thing invites low grade depression in most people. Then, seeing as we are confined to home so much more, downing more booze is an easy answer. except it makes things worse. Stopped drinking six weeks ago - just tell myself what's so great about swallowing ethanol anyhow. -Things are much better.

Agree, drinking too much during this was making me feel worse and didn’t realise til very recently.

My missus went away in August and I had a week off, went me ends a bit and ended up just feeling like shite. She went again on Sunday night and was half tempted to go off it again. Haven’t even drank in moderation, feel great, means I’m looking forward to a few sociable drinks over Zoom tomorrow all the more...

Agree, drinking too much during this was making me feel worse and didn’t realise til very recently.

My missus went away in August and I had a week off, went me ends a bit and ended up just feeling like shite. She went again on Sunday night and was half tempted to go off it again. Haven’t even drank in moderation, feel great, means I’m looking forward to a few sociable drinks over Zoom tomorrow all the more...
I haven’t had a drink since August. Feel so, so much better. Drink plus already depressing circumstances = a total nightmare.

As for the OP, best of luck mate. Keep going and get talking to anyone who can support you. You’re never alone.

Depression is bad enough on it’s own, add drink to the mix and I can only imagine how bad it could get..don’t mean a few sociable pints but drinking to excess in any environment . luckily I’ve never enjoyed drinking at home so at the minute I’m just trying to deal with my lot.. only company I’ve got (apart from work) is mrs g who is probably in a worse place than me at the minute. We try and help each other through bad days but it’s hard to lean on someone who’s in a bad place mentally as well.

OP. pm if you need a chat, I don’t know your situation , maybe it’ll give you a little perspective if you knew ours in its entirety.

but most importantly get some help mate..

One of the major reasons I love Sunderland AFC, and actually a tear in my eye as I type this, we're always fighting for each other and may bicker but we'll always have each other's backs and always be there for each other. You'll get through this mate and you have every Sunderland fan worth their salt cheering you on.

I haven’t had a drink since August. Feel so, so much better. Drink plus already depressing circumstances = a total nightmare.

As for the OP, best of luck mate. Keep going and get talking to anyone who can support you. You’re never alone.
Same here - coming up to 100 days since I’ve had a drink. It was becoming a habit during lockdown and the summer so made the decision to knock it on the head. I’ve never felt better, every single aspect of my life has improved and I now plan to remain teetotal.

Good luck to the OP - I hope you can get yourself some help. Keep the faith.

What an amazing community we have here all these lovely posts filled with support and care (well apart from the tit who wants an argument once again just looking for a disagreement what a buffoon). If there’s one thing we need to do right now is show someone everyday you care
to all those struggling seek help and take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back