Ignore button

bobster999

Winger
Can you make it so if people ignore someone, the person ignored cant see your posts either? If someone is ignored they can still see what you write and quote you which in turn in notifies you. Ignore button should mean once they're ignored, they can't see you either.

There's absolutely no point in ignoring someone but then being told that the person has made a post.

The reson it is the way it is..................
I was told all whoever it was, would just simply log out and then be able to see what you had typed anyway.
I think everyone would prefer the way You are on about(I would)
Even if the other person had to log out I'd still prefer it
All that happens when the the block works one way is.................
The other person think's theyr'e somehow winning the argument/discussion/name calling.
Because You haven't responded.

The reson it is the way it is..................
I was told all whoever it was, would just simply log out and then be able to see what you had typed anyway.
I think everyone would prefer the way You are on about(I would)
Even if the other person had to log out I'd still prefer it
All that happens when the the block works one way is.................
The other person think's theyr'e somehow winning the argument/discussion/name calling.
Because You haven't responded.

exactly, then it still tells you they've replied anyway

Can you make it so if people ignore someone, the person ignored cant see your posts either? If someone is ignored they can still see what you write and quote you which in turn in notifies you. Ignore button should mean once they're ignored, they can't see you either.

There's absolutely no point in ignoring someone but then being told that the person has made a post.
Ha ha ha ... what a loser. :rolleyes:

So, say, you're spouting BS and someone who knows better than you calls you out on it ... so you block them and claim to the watching sheep that now you must be correct cos nobody is contradicting your posts anymore?

That's usually how an ignore button works

no. You’re confusing an ignore button with a block button - this isn’t twitter.

the notion of blocking/ignoring someone is laughable. I honestly can’t begin to imagine what it would be like being so delicate you can’t even ever see things a person has written on the internet without needing some time to compose yourself.

Ha ha ha ... what a loser. :rolleyes:

So, say, you're spouting BS and someone who knows better than you calls you out on it ... so you block them and claim to the watching sheep that now you must be correct cos nobody is contradicting your posts anymore?

not sure why you're replying to this thread and getting vexed by it. it isn't all about you y'know 🤷‍♂️
no. You’re confusing an ignore button with a block button - this isn’t twitter.

the notion of blocking/ignoring someone is laughable. I honestly can’t begin to imagine what it would be like being so delicate you can’t even ever see things a person has written on the internet without needing some time to compose yourself.

not sure why you feel the need to reply either 🤷‍♂️

thank you for the replies, you've demonstrated exactly why one is needed by the fact you're getting angry at someone not wanting to see trouble making posts.

@Roger can this be done please?

As stated in the previous posts, there is no point in stopping them seeing what you have written - its an open public forum and when logged out you can see anything, so it would serve no purpose.

Your second point makes sense and I agree you should really be able to select not to receive a notification for a post from someone you have ignored whether they have quoted you or not.

Obviously we are relying on 3rd party software to run the forums - I can propose to the developers that they make that change but if they disagree, our only option is to modify the software ourselves or pay someone else to do that - and there is neither time nor money to do either at the moment.

As stated in the previous posts, there is no point in stopping them seeing what you have written - its an open public forum and when logged out you can see anything, so it would serve no purpose.

Your second point makes sense and I agree you should really be able to select not to receive a notification for a post from someone you have ignored whether they have quoted you or not.

Obviously we are relying on 3rd party software to run the forums - I can propose to the developers that they make that change but if they disagree, our only option is to modify the software ourselves or pay someone else to do that - and there is neither time nor money to do either at the moment.
I disagree.

But would there still be twenty posts per page or would the blockees page numbering start to differ from other people's?

Letting some poster who's being harassed not know that folk are still trying to harass them might sound nice, but letting some serial WUM think that nobody can counter his/her 'arguments' just cos s/he can't see said posts is not really going to help their psychosis now is it.

I disagree.

But would there still be twenty posts per page or would the blockees page numbering start to differ from other people's?

Letting some poster who's being harassed not know that folk are still trying to harass them might sound nice, but letting some serial WUM think that nobody can counter his/her 'arguments' just cos s/he can't see said posts is not really going to help their psychosis now is it.

Surely a WUM is only here to get a response in the first place? If they didn't get all of the bites they wouldn't remain, I am fairly certain of that.

Surely a WUM is only here to get a response in the first place? If they didn't get all of the bites they wouldn't remain, I am fairly certain of that.
They're mainly here as a dick-waving contest to validate their own existence, imho.

They're happy getting 'bites' but less happy seeing their posts ripped apart by other posters who are obviously taking the piss out of their posts.

Last edited:
Only time I've used the ignore button is to save myself from getting a warning. A couple of posters have wound me up over the years and if it starts to get to me instead of biting I hoy them on ignore for a couple of days until I calm back down.
I recon a lot of the warnings on here are usually because someone has 'bitten' to a poster that winds them up. (imo of course). I have no-one on ignore atm and no problem with the ignore feature.
On things like facebook its called a block button and that does exactly what bobster is talking about in the original post.

Back