If you were Andrew Taylor.....

Blackcat1

Goalkeeper
What would you select for tomorrow? Mine would be as follows.... (4-2-4)

Mathews
Sanderson
McLaughlin
Wright
Hume
O’Nien
Leadbitter
Embleton
Mc Fazdean
Wyke
Diamond

Subs.. Burge, Flanagan, Scowen, Neil, Maguire and Curry

It provides more pace, energy and hopefully enthusiasm!

Question.... Andrew Taylor was 1st team coach.. Surely he has to shoulder some responsibility for the teams on field performance. So why has he not been axed as well?

Hopefully the new manager brings with him, his own backroom staff?

................Matthews...........
.Mclaughlin.Wright.Flanagan.
O'9..........................McFadzean
..........Neil........Leadbitter.......
Maguire.......Wyke.....Embleton

Subs: Burge, Sanderson, Hume,
Scowen, Diamond, Grigg, Curry

Said it for ages Hume needs dropping.

Hope Dobson, Power Graham and O'Brien never play for us again. Shite

I prefer a back 4 but this is what the players are used to so it's too early to change things. Hopefully the new manager will bring his own ideas and have an actual game plan. Then a Plan B if things aren't going well

................Matthews...........
.Mclaughlin.Wright.Flanagan.
O'9..........................McFadzean
..........Neil........Leadbitter.......
Maguire.......Wyke.....Embleton

Subs: Burge, Sanderson, Hume,
Scowen, Diamond, Grigg, Curry

Said it for ages Hume needs dropping.

Hope Dobson, Power Graham and O'Brien never play for us again. Shite

I prefer a back 4 but this is what the players are used to so it's too early to change things. Hopefully the new manager will bring his own ideas and have an actual game plan. Then a Plan B if things aren't going well
Maguire done nowt to deserve a place

He will probably pull in the club captain and the team captain and ask them.
Asking Max Power for advice, what could possibly go wrong ?

I’d probably initially keep the same shape but inject pace and energy into it by changing a few of the players.

Maybe

Matthews
ONein
Sanderson
Wright
Flanagan or CM (hobsons choice but CM has probably looked better recently)
Hume
Leadbitter
Scowen
Embleton
Diamond
A striker who makes runs ? maybe Grigg or Curry, maybe Start with Wyke just because he’s the only one who’s been allowed to get match fit

Look at bringing Neil on for one of the cms early.

I’d guess we’d have a similar formation. You might see the odd change of player, but hopefully it’ll just be “freshened up”. The time to change formations & the way we play is when the new manager comes in & says how he’s building his team. By an interim manager doing it you risk 3 formations & big personal changes over 3/4 matches which could do us more harm than good.

Let’s be honest, this team on Friday is easily good enough to beat Burton. A bit belief & tempo will go a long way.

EDIT - When’s Willis due back?

Question.... Andrew Taylor was 1st team coach.. Surely he has to shoulder some responsibility for the teams on field performance. So why has he not been axed as well?

Maybe he's been screaming out for things that haven't been implemented so they've kept him on

I’d guess we’d have a similar formation. You might see the odd change of player, but hopefully it’ll just be “freshened up”. The time to change formations & the way we play is when the new manager comes in & says how he’s building his team. By an interim manager doing it you risk 3 formations & big personal changes over 3/4 matches which could do us more harm than good.

Let’s be honest, this team on Friday is easily good enough to beat Burton. A bit belief & tempo will go a long way.

EDIT - When’s Willis due back?
This. We’ll be going 5 at the back. I actually think defensively our squad is most suited to that - it gives Hume and LON more freedom, and we’ve seen this season that McLaughlin is better on the right of a back 3 for us than he’s ever shown at full back or wing back. The only time I would have changed it is when we went through that spell where we had about 10CBs out injured and Parkinson played O’Nein there instead.

It’s in front of the back 5 where our problems have been (as well as lack of subs) and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some changes there.

someone has to lead the team in the interim period.... probably not that many to choose from.
Turn up with your clipboard, you might be involved.

This. We’ll be going 5 at the back. I actually think defensively our squad is most suited to that - it gives Hume and LON more freedom, and we’ve seen this season that McLaughlin is better on the right of a back 3 for us than he’s ever shown at full back or wing back. The only time I would have changed it is when we went through that spell where we had about 10CBs out injured and Parkinson played O’Nein there instead.

It’s in front of the back 5 where our problems have been (as well as lack of subs) and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some changes there.
I’d be tempted to put Sanderson right wing back & O’Nein in the centre.

His job is to carry out the managers instructions though, I'm not sure he'd have had a huge amount of input other than the colour of the cones. He'll likely be gone once a new management team is brought in.

If they axe everyone in one go you're left with big Stew running the show.

Back