If you want a cheap house...

Think this is seb. Not certain though.

I posted a similar thread but this is a new video.

Thought someone would done something with them. I am not aware of all circumstances but it looked as it was a nice place to live.

The day after the houses are vacated the scrap metal thieves move in and rip out the boiler and furnace plus as much copper wire and pipe as they can, even aluminium window frames.
Also America has this crazy system where unpaid utility bills stay with the property so if you bought one of these places for $100 you might have to pay a water and electricity bill for $5000 and even then you would have a nice home surrounded by ruins. Detroit also removed street lighting years ago to save money so these streets are unlit at night.

Last edited:
I posted a similar thread but this is a new video.

The day after the houses are vacated the scrap metal thieves move in and rip out the boiler and furnace plus as much copper wire and pipe as they can, even aluminium window frames.
Also America has this crazy system where unpaid utility bills stay with the property so if you bought one of these places for $100 you might have to pay a water and electricity bill for $5000 and even then you would have a nice home surrounded by ruins. Detroit also removed street lighting years ago to save money so these streets are unlit at night.

The utility bill system sounds a pain. Can you find out before? No one is going to move into an unlit street. You would have to fill street after street to get the street lighting back on.

The utility bill system sounds a pain. Can you find out before? No one is going to move into an unlit street. You would have to fill street after street to get the street lighting back on.

Yes they have Tax Auctions over there where you find out what the outstanding bills are then bid for the house taking that into account.
Pretty much all the streets are unlit, even in the nice parts but the city centre has street lights of course.

I like this Youtube channel "The Shea Show" where he shows you what to do if you want to buy property in Detroit. In this episode he shows you what some chump paid $5000 on Ebay.

Wrong clip :eek:

Last edited:

Back