If you see money lying in the street

I once found £50 note in the street and lost it in the same day (only time I’ve ever held one) so I’ve learnt my lesson on that

Years ago, in my early 20's, I walked past a beeping ATM in Kirkcaldy High Street at 0630 after getting off the bus to go to work. Walked up to it and there was 70 pound sitting there that someone had forgotten to remove. Now, 2 older women that got the same bus most mornings, had just walked past me coming from that direction, so in an otherwise deserted high street, presumed it was one of theirs and I took it and ran after them. I was correct and she was ever so grateful. Gave me a tenner the next morning when I got on the bus. Tried to refuse it but she insisted. It's nice to be nice.

Like lots of things nowadays, so many people would take the piss if it were reversed it makes you not want to help people out. The majority of people wouldn’t give me my money back if I lost my wallet for instance, or would just take money if I asked if something was theirs, that it’d put my back up so much I’d probably just go the selfish route tbh and pocket it if i found it.

I’m with the others earlier in the thread, if I found something in excess of a grand id just leave it tbh, too many really nasty pieces of work to get dragged into for the sake of some money, and whilst nice it wouldn’t be life changing to me

Back