If you sat your GCSE's in 1999

What does she need to submit them for? I've never once been asked to show my GCSE certificates. I could check for you, but I'd need to find my record of achievement and I've no idea where it is...

What does she need to submit them for? I've never once been asked to show my GCSE certificates. I could check for you, but I'd need to find my record of achievement and I've no idea where it is...
She's found mine so guess she has who she needs to contact. Reckons it has to be in the loft so checking again after work.

I know where mine is. In the loft of a house I moved out of almost a decade ago. Didn't realise I lost it until I needed it for a job application a couple of years ago. They gave me the job without seeing my certificates thankfully

I know where mine is. In the loft of a house I moved out of almost a decade ago. Didn't realise I lost it until I needed it for a job application a couple of years ago. They gave me the job without seeing my certificates thankfully
There's probably a fake Some Random Guy out there living it up using your qualifications, man. :lol:

Imagine having to prove GCSEs from nearly 20 years ago.

Surely the university can see her job history and say “aye, you wouldn’t be able to do that job if you couldn’t do basic maths”

Imagine having to prove GCSEs from nearly 20 years ago.

Surely the university can see her job history and say “aye, you wouldn’t be able to do that job if you couldn’t do basic maths”
Years ago when my friend was applying to go to University to do teaching (English) she needed to have GCE maths. She didn't, but put that she did on her application. No one ever checked and she's been teaching for over 20 years. :)

Years ago when my friend was applying to go to University to do teaching (English) she needed to have GCE maths. She didn't, but put that she did on her application. No one ever checked and she's been teaching for over 20 years. :)
I've done similar before and got the job and then got promoted way beyond the original job just with my experience and reputation.

Qualifications are important but not everything. I would never have mandatory qualifications on a job advert unless it was legally required for the role.

Never once been asked to show my GCSE certificates for a job before, my line of work though if you didn't know what you were doing would get found out pretty fast though.

Back