If you had to guess

As much as I despise them £65 for a shirt (and £50 for a kids) is taking the absolute piss. Wonder how high the prices have to go before people will stop buying them?

Even worse in the States. My mate worked for Herbalife who sponsor LA Galaxy and he missed out on a free shirt for me. Went to look at one in the club shop and I think it was equivalent to like £80/90.

Even worse in the States. My mate worked for Herbalife who sponsor LA Galaxy and he missed out on a free shirt for me. Went to look at one in the club shop and I think it was equivalent to like £80/90.

Real Madrid back in 11/12 ish we’re charging £100. Dread to think what it is now.

Oh, and they had 3 versions of every shirt. A league shirt, Copa del Rey shirt and a champions league shirt.

As much as I despise them £65 for a shirt (and £50 for a kids) is taking the absolute piss. Wonder how high the prices have to go before people will stop buying them?

I think there will always be people who buy them. Its like all this "Stop going to matches - show the greedy directors we are making a stand"; there will always be people who will still attend, no matter what people say

people will never stop buying them. honestly i think they could be £200 and loads of people would still buy them. to show how much of a fan they are, or to stop little Shola from crying.

same as everything in this modern world, if people would just stick together for 5 minutes, we could make a change to anything. but no, me me me. if fans could boycott one match, just one, it could potentially make a massive difference to ridiculous ticket prices, shit kick off times, last minute rearranging of games etc.. it wouldnt even be difficult to organise now with the amount of people online. but there will always be folk who say things like 'it will make no difference, i'm not protesting, whats the point' or 'i havent missed a match for 30 years i'm not missing a match now, as i can afford the ticket prices, doesnt effect me'

i blame thatcher

Supply and demand, simple law of economics, and we all buy things for prices way over their true worth in other areas of our lives.
One thing I enjoyed at the Wembley trips was spotting all the different versions of SAFC tops being worn , some from disastrous seasons, some truly awful too, no way was it all current tops .
Those occasions are not great examples due to the fact that 15,000 there are not match day regulars but maybe people will start to think “ Do I really need to buy the latest top”.

ps I enjoyed the rules being reversed at Wembley allowing grown men to wear replica tops , I took advantage of it both times , Hummel and Nike !

I stopped buying them a couple of years back.

Remember the good old days where they would play in the same shirt for at least 2 years? Folk can’t afford to fork out hundreds of pounds a year on a pair of shirts.

Even the shorts cost up to £30.

Back