if you had the cash which american food

Mostly I was underwhelmed by the fast food in America. Large portions of nutritionally bereft shit.

When I was in Boston I was expecting more of the same but as it is on the coast the lobster and sea food was just great and they had really good organic and farm produce too so was great for eating out.

The only chain I wish was here is Fat Burger.

Cheesecake Factory , never actually eaten there but they do an amazing peach and raspberry frozen drink and the fatties love it in there
I’ve been in there three times over the last year for various people’s birthday get togethers and every time the bait has been shite. Even something simple like their cod and chips tasted like I was eating a desiccated bath towel.

[still not a bait snob!]

I do like buffalo wild wings too apart from having to bring your passport to show f***ing ID! Lovely apple jack cider there. Which reminds me I must get more of that jack daniels cider which is damn tasty

There’s a BWW not far from where I live but I’ve never been in. I think I was in the one in Houston once but I don’t eat meat so not arsed about all the different ways there are to eat factory farmed steroid filled chicken wings.

People saying they can’t find decent bait in America. :D:D

As for chains the only ones I eat in are delis when I’m on the tlroad with work. And I don’t mean shitey Subway, but Panera can knock up a decent sarnie and Au Bon Pain 12 veggie soup is one of the tastiest thing I’ve ever had.

Last edited:
I’ve been in there three times over the last year for various people’s birthday get togethers and every time the bait has been shite. Even something simple like their cod and chips tasted like I was eating a desiccated bath towel.

[still not a bait snob!]

There’s a BWW not far from where I live but I’ve never been in. I think I was in the one in Houston once but I don’t eat meat so not arsed about all the different ways there are to eat factory farmed steroid filled chicken wings.

People saying they can’t find decent bait in America. :D:D

As for chains the only ones I eat in are delis when I’m on the tlroad with work. And I don’t mean shitey Subway, but Panera can knock up a decent sarnie and Au Bon Pain 12 veggie soup is one of the tastiest thing I’ve ever had.
Tbf when I say I like bww that is in relation to the other food places on offer!! :lol:

Mostly I was underwhelmed by the fast food in America. Large portions of nutritionally bereft shit.

When I was in Boston I was expecting more of the same but as it is on the coast the lobster and sea food was just great and they had really good organic and farm produce too so was great for eating out.

I was pretty disappointed on the whole with Boston in general. Was nothing really that interesting to see or do. After 2 days I had done nearly everything worthwhile

I was pretty disappointed on the whole with Boston in general. Was nothing really that interesting to see or do. After 2 days I had done nearly everything worthwhile
I spent a week there when I first got to America and have been briefly a couple of times since with work. Best thing I did was go whale watching. Someone should have told me how close they come to the boat. I wasted almost a full reel of film (yeah it was that long ago!) taking pics of black specs on the horizon before we got right up next to them!

Interesting story about Fatburger - it was opened by an African-American woman (Lovie Yancey). The original location in Jefferson Park was in really bad shape some years ago and it was expected that it would just be demolished. It wasn't. Instead it was incorporated into an affordable housing building in the same location. It's not operational, but developers preserved it and keep it as a monument for Black entrepreneurship.

I went to see it some years back but I haven't been there in ages. I don't eat meat anymore but I still take my dad to the Redondo Beach location from time to time as it is one his favorite place to eat. I get the veggie burger, of course.

The original location:
Logon or register to see this image

Now:
Logon or register to see this image

This thread is mental.

A load of people saying ‘American food’ is shite.
Then a load of people extolling the virtues of Taco f***ing Bell

:D:D
Taco Bell is Mexican? Or a meringue?

I would like an indigenous buffalo meat outlet to open in the U.K. Not some 5th generation European or African shite.

Back