If you found a mystery USB stick in the street

Dave Herbal

Striker
Would you stick it in your PC to have a nosey? Course you would.

Just had a “security briefing” at work and been told to never do this as they are often left deliberately to spread malware, especially in company car parks.
Gonna make sure I do it at work instead of home in future. Who gives a shit about the company network getting infected?

Just had a “security briefing” at work and been told to never do this as they are often left deliberately to spread malware, especially in company car parks.
Gonna make sure I do it at work instead of home in future. Who gives a shit about the company network getting infected?

You will if you plug it in and get sacked man :lol:

Yes I would, but first of all I would make sure id scan it first for malware and viruses.

Stick in a Linux machine assuming the malware was 90% likely written for Windows.

But you'd still need to scan it too.

Is this like a geeky version of glory hole-ing?

I was going to offer you a job anarl Dave.
:lol: Clients are forever giving me sticks to copy results for them and I just use them without question. What about phones as carriers? Everyone charges their phones off their pcs dont they?

I once found a roll of undeveloped film in the cemetery and paid to have it developed in case it was summat juicy. Turned out to be pictures of some building work.

You can isolate an area of your pc to test content potentially containing viruses etc. Joys of using torrents for years.

Really? Personally I'd just kick it out of my way. Not sure it would be worth bending down for - I have a dodgy knee. :lol:
What if it contained a secret government list of famous paedophiles or summat?

You can isolate an area of your pc to test content potentially containing viruses etc. Joys of using torrents for years.
I download loads of torrents (currently 240 active) and never use any virus protection. Then again it’s a Mac.

:lol: Clients are forever giving me sticks to copy results for them and I just use them without question. What about phones as carriers? Everyone charges their phones off their pcs dont they?

I once found a roll of undeveloped film in the cemetery and paid to have it developed in case it was summat juicy. Turned out to be pictures of some building work.
Some classic back tracking going on here Kev.

Back