If you could pick any team in the world for a pre season friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 ,,, the bear alan bryant ,,2, jimmy stokoe , 3, geordie newman , 4 , micky bell , 5 , barry crompton , 6 , ben cooney , 7 richie cooney , 8 , tommy lynne , 9 , sammy smith , 1o , slosher , 11 , ray foggie , subs ozzie , hugh clinton , ian semore,,,,, all dedicated sunderland fans who would fight for the shirt and more importantly the fans ,,

1 ,,, the bear alan bryant ,,2, jimmy stokoe , 3, geordie newman , 4 , micky bell , 5 , barry crompton , 6 , ben cooney , 7 richie cooney , 8 , tommy lynne , 9 , sammy smith , 1o , slosher , 11 , ray foggie , subs ozzie , hugh clinton , ian semore,,,,, all dedicated sunderland fans who would fight for the shirt and more importantly the fans ,,

Would probably have more pace and movement than some of the fuckers last season

Clachnacuddin away. I could get the bus and be home within 20 minutes of the final whistle. Canny.
I've often wondered why Clachnacuddin were left out when Caley and Thistle merged?. You'd have thought taking them in would give the town a clean sweep of clubs and vs the logical thing to do

They said they would rather keep their own identity and keep Highland League football in the town (as it was then). It's still very contentious among a certain demographic of the city, especially as a majority of Caley supporters at the time were against the merger - the club's board at the time took a vote of 'official supporters club members' only, on a show of hands, at a meeting convened at short notice.

It's still partly why Caley Thistle have lower crowds than Ross County, even though County have a catchment area of around 40,000 and situated in a town of 5,500 people, whereas 80,000 people live in Inverness, let alone the rest of the catchment area.

Send the reserves up for a short tour against Clach, Nairn County and Forres Mechanics, while the first team play County, Caley Thistle and Elgin City. That'll do me.

Never heard of TuS Schloss Neuhaus, they aren't anywhere near the professional leagues now.
Paderborn have now got a brand new stadium which is a great little ground.

Paderborn used to play in the park near St Johannestift Hospital.

SchlossNeuhaus had a better ground though still pretty average, but the 2 clubs merged to become the club that is now Paderborn.

I'm not saying it's a while ago but East Germany still existed then and Newcastle hadn't been invented;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back