If you could go back in time and watch any game live, that did not involve your club or country, what would it be?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Tough I've made my choice
If the OP had allowed SAFC games, I wouldn't have though of this one immediately (NEWXASTLE 1 - SUNDERLAND 9) , but actually it is a really good choice.

Not just because of the result and to watch the goals flying in, but also the chance to travel back in time to savour the atmosphere and crowd culture/habits etc of the day. I doubt there would have been much aggro, no chanting, just a lot of clapping and ooh ahh yeahh stuff and howays and haways. Imagine the faces of the home supporters. I bet horse mounted policemen would have been on the alert all the same.

I'd want to contact my great grandad and a few rellies to see if they wanted to come, and have a few pints in town before/afterwards. Wonder what a pint cost, probably about threepence, I'd be able to shout "Drinks on the house" in whatever pub or ale house they fancied. I'd have to get some guineas, half crowns and florins off the internet first.

I'd probably have to buy a special oufit and t-shirt (LATEST HOME STRIP!!) and jeans and trainers might look odd.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I would write a massive long letter in advance to hand to the club board warning them of all the potential f-ups to come, so they could avoid them all, Moyes would be underlined in red.

Last edited:

Back