If you could go back in time and watch any game live, that did not involve your club or country, what would it be?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Not salty mate, just astonished, the thread is about time travel back to watch a game and you pick one that you don't even know the score of :eek:, my original comments stand

What's the point going to a game you already have full recollection of? I've picked one I remember enjoying but don't remember the specifics. Perfect choice, surely?

Real Madrid v Eintracht 1960 European Cup Final at Hampden Park.

Ive seen the whole match on film through a projector. Amazing. Puskas and Di Stefano

Flamengo vs Vasco de Gama in the Campeonato Carioca 1981 final 2nd replay. Sounds more hipster than typewriters and swizzel tashes but that Flamengo side with Zico,Leandro and Junior against Vasco 160,000 at the Maracana before they butchered it for the World Cup. I went to the 2005 Campeonato Carioca between Fluminense and Volta Redondo and it was incredible. Just imagine what the best final ever would be like

Probably some random game between Carlisle and Plymouth or something. Fuck all point watching a game that you already know the result of imo

Bristol Rovers vs Mansfield 3rd May 2014

The week prior they beat Wycombe and had a pitch invasion & staying up party.

They hadn't been in the relegation zone for a single second all season, and they all but confirmed they wouldn't at all.

On the righteous day, Mansfield forgot their kits so had to wear Rovers away kit.

Then Bristol Rovers conceded in the first half, squeeky bum time, but everyone else had to win, something that no team in the bottom 4 had done in months, let alone all of them, it'd never happen.

Around comes the 76th minute and somehow everyone else WAS winning!! I don't remember much else of the day after this point but they got relegated to non league, yes semi pro standard, by a team wearing their own kit!!

Whilst being in the relegation zone for 16 minutes all season!

Our rivals? Not even a professional team anymore. They hadn't been in the same league as us since 2001, but that day in 2014 completely destroyed any competition they could ever claim to have with us. We're Stoke and they're Port Vale. We're Forest and they're County, except with no history at all.

Pitch invasions after that, riots inside and outside the ground, police horses getting punched. A fan on the radio saying he'd kill his dog to stay up! What a brilliant brilliant day.

Last edited:

Back