If you are missing cricket and the crack

And you have plenty of spare time on your hands when normally you would have been down the Riverside or at local cricket then have a look at some of the threads on this cricket section.
There is some absolute corking threads and great crack between people. The Rocky/Badger leaving threads are tremendous. Any KP thread completely divides opinion. All the FTECB ones are great reading and well.

And you have plenty of spare time on your hands when normally you would have been down the Riverside or at local cricket then have a look at some of the threads on this cricket section.
There is some absolute corking threads and great crack between people. The Rocky/Badger leaving threads are tremendous. Any KP thread completely divides opinion. All the FTECB ones are great reading and well.

I've loved this forum over the years. I don't get on as much as I used to but there's some great characters and great cricket knowledge demonstrated on all things cricket. Tremendous.

I've loved this forum over the years. I don't get on as much as I used to but there's some great characters and great cricket knowledge demonstrated on all things cricket. Tremendous.
By far the best section even when people disagree it very rarely gets to personal unlike the football.
Totally agree with you on the knowledge and enthusiasm shown for the game and so often you get told something on here way before the club or local media announce it and it turns out to be true.

I’ve frequented the football forum a bit more while there’s no cricket and it’s a different world to the cricket forum. A return to the days where I don’t need to go anywhere else as there’s too much cricket going on can’t come soon enough

I’ve frequented the football forum a bit more while there’s no cricket and it’s a different world to the cricket forum. A return to the days where I don’t need to go anywhere else as there’s too much cricket going on can’t come soon enough
Seconded

Well the first piece of sad news for me came today. The Harrogate & District Evening Cricket League has been cancelled for this year. Good news it is back next year for its Centenary Season.

Well the first piece of sad news for me came today. The Harrogate & District Evening Cricket League has been cancelled for this year. Good news it is back next year for its Centenary Season.

Are clubs still going to try friendlies (if allowed)?

It hasn’t always been so interesting and thought provoking 😉

Last edited:
Are clubs still going to try friendlies (if allowed)?

It hasn’t always been so interesting and thought provoking 😉

Love Saj, me. :lol:

Yes they can but the League only ran until 2nd week in August.
Same as the Sheffield Midweek Alliance. Light factor. Used to be 10 divisions strong that back in the day. Down to 4 now of which half the teams are Asians playing on matting wickets and they have ruined it by turning up at 18.10 for an 18.15 start. Any games involving them is just 12 x 8 ball overs each way.

Last edited:
Same as the Sheffield Midweek Alliance. Light factor. Used to be 10 divisions strong that back in the day. Down to 4 now of which half the teams are Asians playing on matting wickets and they have ruined it by turning up at 18.10 for an 18.15 start. Any games involving them is just 12 x 8 ball overs each way.

The Harrogate Evening League is half it was when I played in it. In its heyday every team had a county/Test player in ffs! I played against Harrogate at Harrogate one night and Martin Crowe opened the batting. We dropped him twice before he had double figures but got him the next time for 115.

The Harrogate Evening League is half it was when I played in it. In its heyday every team had a county/Test player in ffs! I played against Harrogate at Harrogate one night and Martin Crowe opened the batting. We dropped him twice before he had double figures but got him the next time for 115.
Sounds similar to the Sheffield version mate.

Of course , midweek cricket was not a strict registration requirement and two clubs got daft about doing the other for the title. It all came down to the last game of the season.
Oaks had two Pakistani overseas , so there wasn’t a taxi running in Sheffield that night. Over 2,000 turned up to watch Simon Doull opening the bowling to Shakeel Ahmed.
The two teams had about 15 first class players between them including both Pakistan’s wicketkeepers!
Lads who normally played for these teams were paid to go and pick these players up from various parts of the country.
Oaks beat Bents Green and with that a line in the sand was drawn .

Back