if travel abroad is allowed anytime soon

Its another weird one in the Uk - they seem to have no idea how to police it so it is nothing more than a token gesture. Here you had to report to the authorities your arrival and they can randomly turn up to see if you are at home. A lot of people were caught and clobbered with a big fine as they used card payments in shops and bars. Slovakia was warse - state quarantine so you were just shipped off to some hotel somewhere :D
UK wanted to be different,it wanted some early practice sessions in,in preparation for Brexit.
I was meaning more of a barn conversion type thing
I know

Eh?

It comes in at the end of this week, how is it going to be abolished before it even starts? :lol:

It's complete tokenism. They've clearly got no intention of actually enforcing it and it'll be dropped before you know it.

We've got a Eurostar booked for end of July. Slim chance we might get away to somewhere like Bordeaux for a weekend. Think that will be it this year.

Only if you want to lie by a pool and stuff your face with food and drink for two weeks.

They'll be closed.

It'll be the same ones going about every day life pretending there's not a global pandemic still happening and that the last ten weeks didn't actually happen.
I hope they enjoy their six hour check-in, temperature scan, sitting on a plane wearing a mask, potentially getting quarantined at the destination airport, potentially getting quarantined at their destination hotel, having someone usher them round their hotel for two weeks reminding them of the 2m rule, getting served their pint in a plastic glass by someone wearing a visor, sitting drinking it round a closed pool 2m away from everyone, with someone watching over you at all times - then having the same rigmarole for the flight out on the way home to then have to spend 14 days at home upon their return.

No thanks.
Its only 1m in most of Europe mate. Plus nearly everything else you posted won't happen either.

Maybe. It's a nonsense ruling either way as has been proven. Completely fucks up the tourism industry which is desperately trying to get back on its feet. You must self quarantine but you can still go to the shops and that. Champion. I've worked without any social distancing throughout all this so that makes sense. 👍

It's badly thought out and is barely worth the paper it is written on. Time will tell tho. ;)

Try and relax tho mate. No one is going to make you go on holiday.
I am calm.

Perhaps I am still a bit angry that my uncle died alone in a care home.

Perhaps I'm still a bit upset that my wife had to work for a few weeks without the full PPE.

Perhaps I'm emotionally affected because she tells me about the people she's met on her ward with Covid, and then I have to hold her in tears when she tells me that they've died.

Perhaps I'm a bit annoyed that we've stuck to the lockdown guidance to the letter while watching neighbours have friends and family round.

Perhaps I'm a bit dejected that I've seen my income drop while others have sat at home on full pay. While they've got drunk in the garden, I've been out getting supplies for elderly neighbours.

Perhaps I'm worried for my own parents' health.

Perhaps when I see a thread "when can I go to Benidorm for my cheap lager and hot dogs" thread and assume it's started by someone whose biggest inconvenience through all of this has been not being able to go to the pub then it makes me wonder how and why that could be anyone's first thought during all of this.

Perhaps they don't think it's going to happen to them.

Perhaps they don't think that it's a bit unfair for us to export our virus somewhere where they've got it under control (and we still haven't).

Perhaps I'm over thinking it all?

Who knows.
:lol: Imagine living your life being that pessimistic man
More like realism mate. If you're unaffected, then fine. You're alright.

Last edited:
I am calm.

Perhaps I'm still a bit upset that my wife had to work for a few weeks without the full PPE.

Perhaps I'm emotionally affected because she tells me about the people she's met on her ward with Covid, and then I have to hold her in tears when she tells me that they've died.

Perhaps I'm a bit annoyed that we've stuck to the lockdown guidance to the letter while watching neighbours have friends and family round.

Perhaps I'm a bit dejected that I've seen my income drop while others have sat at home on full pay. While they've got drunk in the garden, I've been out getting supplies for elderly neighbours.

Perhaps when I see a thread "when can I go to Benidorm for my cheap lager and hot dogs" thread and assume it's started by someone whose biggest inconvenience through all of this has been not being able to go to the pub then it makes me wonder how and why that could be anyone's first thought during all of this.

Perhaps they don't think that it's a bit unfair for us to export our virus somewhere where they've got it under control (and we still haven't).

Who knows.

There's a truism regarding mental health that worrying about things you cannot change and the effect it has on you. This situation has hit a lot of people in ways they never imagined.
Look after you and yours mate is all I can say.

I am calm.

Who knows.

Yeah, I'm not chuffed that our lasses uncle died alone from it or that I've not been able to hang around with my parents for 3 months or that that me and my wife have been working throughout all this without testing or PPE being made available. Not sure what that has to do with me wanting to go on holiday mind but whatever.

You don't sound very calm tbf.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not chuffed that our lasses uncle died alone from it or that I've not been able to hang around with my parents for 3 months or that that I've been working throughout all this without testing or PPE being made available. Not sure what that has to do with me wanting to go on holiday mind but whatever.

You don't sound very calm tbf.
Told you mate, I am.

Just worried for us, everyone around us, everyone in the country and everyone in the world. 'Holidays' seem totally futile right now, especially given the apparent risks anyone would have to take to go on one.

My ire is reserved for a seemingly large section of society that seem to still not realise the gravity of the situation we are all still in.

I apologise if I directed some of that at you.

would you feel happy going on holiday we lost out on Euro Disney this week and have just changed our July holiday to next year....im Hoping October half term we might be able to book something.....

personally id go away tomorrow if i could but i nah the Mrs wouldn't. Croatia has now opened its borders for holidaymakers

I’d go camping

Told you mate, I am.

Just worried for us, everyone around us, everyone in the country and everyone in the world. 'Holidays' seem totally futile right now, especially given the apparent risks anyone would have to take to go on one.

My ire is reserved for a seemingly large section of society that seem to still not realise the gravity of the situation we are all still in.

I apologise if I directed some of that at you.
No bother mate. Just some light hearted chat around a few positives that can hopefully happen when things start looking up.

I am calm.

Who knows.

You are not calm at all there really are you?

I'm unaffected by it? 2 Family members catching it, one a frontline worker was seriously ill with it - luckily both are on the mend now. I haven't seen my parents in months and the way the Uk is managing the situation I might not see them this year so you could say I've been touched by the implications. All of that has absolutely nothing to do with me looking forward to a holiday with my wife and kids however. Luckily enough we're away this weekend so beers and bait in the sun for me - I've even bought me and the kids new inflatables for the pool

End of June for Uk citizens into Europe imo - still slightly behind the rest of it in terms of managing numbers along with Sweden

This is what was passed here for international travellers yesterday Czech Cabinet Approves Test-Free Travel From Selected European Countries From June 15th

Seems to burning itself out so Late July into August I reckon most will be back to normal

Looks like I may be stocking up on Kozel and Chocolate Muesli later in the summer after all then mate. :lol: :lol:

Only if you want to lie by a pool and stuff your face with food and drink for two weeks.

They'll be closed.

It'll be the same ones going about every day life pretending there's not a global pandemic still happening and that the last ten weeks didn't actually happen.
I hope they enjoy their six hour check-in, temperature scan, sitting on a plane wearing a mask, potentially getting quarantined at the destination airport, potentially getting quarantined at their destination hotel, having someone usher them round their hotel for two weeks reminding them of the 2m rule, getting served their pint in a plastic glass by someone wearing a visor, sitting drinking it round a closed pool 2m away from everyone, with someone watching over you at all times - then having the same rigmarole for the flight out on the way home to then have to spend 14 days at home upon their return.

No thanks.

bore off. Each to their own, can’t wait me like.

I am calm.

Who knows.

perhaps everyone is in the same boat and makes the best of it and refuse to focus on negativity as it does no good

Due to go to Portugal in September, at present we won't be going if we have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return to the UK, but there's talk of an air bridge being agreed between the UK and Portugal which would likely see quarantine scrapped.

Personally, I would still love to go away and enjoy some sun, good food and relaxation. The beach is vast enough that 2m distancing will be easy, I expect some form of social distancing in bars and restaurants but most have outside areas so it shouldn't impact too badly. Crossing my fingers this quarantine is scrapped by September.

Due to go to Portugal in September, at present we won't be going if we have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return to the UK, but there's talk of an air bridge being agreed between the UK and Portugal which would likely see quarantine scrapped.

Personally, I would still love to go away and enjoy some sun, good food and relaxation. The beach is vast enough that 2m distancing will be easy, I expect some form of social distancing in bars and restaurants but most have outside areas so it shouldn't impact too badly. Crossing my fingers this quarantine is scrapped by September.

The quarantine won't last more than a month imo. Nothing to gain from it on our side. I wouldn't be letting anyone in from the UK if I was Spain or Portugal mind.

I'd be quietly optimistic of getting away still if I was you mate.

Back