if travel abroad is allowed anytime soon

:-D you might get a trip in after all mind - you'll prob miss the heat like

Dentists are open already for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give the filling kit a go first then it'll be bath sealant if it fails.

Am I reading that article correctly then that visitors will be allowed from the UK from 15 June on the proviso that we have had an up to date test done which is negative and then have temperature checks upon arrival?

We plan to rearrange our Easyjet flights to Italy and push them back to May next year as Easyjet release their May 2021 flights on Tuesday 2nd June.
Correction. The Easyjet flights release is now on Thursday:

What date is the next flight release?

We’ll be releasing our flights for 5th May – 31st May 2021 on 4th June 2020.

When can I book flights for dates after 31st May 2021?

Flights for travel in June 2021 will be available to book on 2nd July 2020 and for travel in July 2021 to be released 3rd August 2020.

The quarantine won't last more than a month imo. Nothing to gain from it on our side. I wouldn't be letting anyone in from the UK if I was Spain or Portugal mind.

I'm a little surprised Portugal are so keen, but they have not been affected too badly over there and appear to want the tourism industry to return to normal ASAP, which is great for us.
I'd be quietly optimistic of getting away still if I was you mate.

Yes I am starting to feel optimistic about it. If the quarantine remains in place then I can WFH for the 2 weeks but Mrs. Breen Machine can't, so we'd end up losing our money. The problem now is that I wasn't really expecting to go so I've saved next to nothing :lol:

Last edited:
Due to go to Portugal in September, at present we won't be going if we have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon return to the UK, but there's talk of an air bridge being agreed between the UK and Portugal which would likely see quarantine scrapped.

Personally, I would still love to go away and enjoy some sun, good food and relaxation. The beach is vast enough that 2m distancing will be easy, I expect some form of social distancing in bars and restaurants but most have outside areas so it shouldn't impact too badly. Crossing my fingers this quarantine is scrapped by September.

so are we. we missed out on going at easter and supposed to be going at the end of this month but that's unlikely so it's looking like september. i'm quite confident about that one tbh.

Ryanair profits FELL by 30% in 2019. They only made €1 Billion.

Forecasts (I’ve googled) predicted, on 6th April, an annual profit in 2020 at a similar level (that’s a billion euros) despite the global pandemic.

I’d like the £350 they owe me. I’d sooner have that before I risk another couple of hundred pounds.

Good luck with using your vouchers. I hope they pay for a whole flight to somewhere you actually want to go at a time you want to fly during a period you’re allowed to travel without requiring to quarantine when you get there or when you come back.

Terrible company, they've stitched me up with this on another flight already this year Ryanair, we had flights to Tenerife (mid march) that actually went ahead (could have flown out but was worried about getting back) so was ok with an exchange at the time - swapped for Santander instead end of July though we had to book through a separate booking engine and the prices were massively inflated compared to going on the normal Ryanair site! (We paid roughly the same as our original flights maybe £10 more but still a piss take) If Santander don't happen I'll be back to square one again.

Feel ok with easyJet though as I'll use the vouchers as I fly between London and Edinburgh every 2 months anyway and can use them easily enough, do feel for you though, hopefully you get a proper refund sorted.

I'll give the filling kit a go first then it'll be bath sealant if it fails.

Am I reading that article correctly then that visitors will be allowed from the UK from 15 June on the proviso that we have had an up to date test done which is negative and then have temperature checks upon arrival?

Aye negative test no older than 4 days otherwise 14 days quarantine. Your problem will be the UK quarantine on re entry

Just been out for a pint round the square while the kids tear about on the bikes - 90% of social activity is back to normal

Last edited:
I’m quietly optimistic that we will get to France in August...
We stay at in laws and always drive and go via Eurotunnel...their bars/restaurants are open ( we always sit outside to eat/drink)

not the end of the world if we don’t get away, will just reschedule all cancelled trips this year as carried all my leave over.

Aye negative test no older than 4 days otherwise 14 days quarantine. Your problem will be the UK quarantine on re entry

Just been out for a pint round the square while the kids tear about on the bikes - 90% of social activity is back to normal

I'd look to get around the quarantine side of it by working from home for the 2 weeks straight after which I think would be acceptable given the likely social distancing that they'll need to implement to get people back into the office. Early signs are that there's not a real appetite to get back to office based working as they are hoping home working will resolve the potential accommodation issues when we move to the new HQ. I've never left the house since 3 May and we can both get tested through my work as well but obviously safety is the major factor in weighing it all up.

Been interesting watching how lockdown over there has changed through this webcam Živě: Volný pohyb v centru Prahy/Live: Quarantine in the center of Prague - MALL.TV - that pavement cafe/bar was a single table and a bin a few weeks ago with hardly anyone around now it's busy pretty much all day. And he's just changed his beer from a single pilsner tap to a range including dark beer so either you're going to have to get across there to hold a pint up for me or I'm going to have to find a way of doing so myself.

I'd look to get around the quarantine side of it by working from home for the 2 weeks straight after which I think would be acceptable given the likely social distancing that they'll need to implement to get people back into the office. Early signs are that there's not a real appetite to get back to office based working as they are hoping home working will resolve the potential accommodation issues when we move to the new HQ. I've never left the house since 3 May and we can both get tested through my work as well but obviously safety is the major factor in weighing it all up.

Been interesting watching how lockdown over there has changed through this webcam Živě: Volný pohyb v centru Prahy/Live: Quarantine in the center of Prague - MALL.TV - that pavement cafe/bar was a single table and a bin a few weeks ago with hardly anyone around now it's busy pretty much all day. And he's just changed his beer from a single pilsner tap to a range including dark beer so either you're going to have to get across there to hold a pint up for me or I'm going to have to find a way of doing so myself.

I've got you covered😂

City centre here is busy now, like I say apart from masks for bar staff it's more or less normal service in pubs (I'm sat at the bar now)

Keep Prague and obvs this way on though - up to ostrava way on had an outbreak in a mine do a lot it closed off

I've got you covered😂

City centre here is busy now, like I say apart from masks for bar staff it's more or less normal service in pubs (I'm sat at the bar now)

Keep Prague and obvs this way on though - up to ostrava way on had an outbreak in a mine do a lot it closed off

It's good to hear how quickly life is getting back to normal and the locals will probably appreciate you having to wear a mask !! We were due to start in Ostrava for a couple of nights and head across to Prague either via Brno or Hradec Kralove but I'd settle for a week in Prague at the minute mate. Our lasses birthday is end of July so think we'll see how things progress over the next couple of months and then try and get over then or early August.

It's good to hear how quickly life is getting back to normal and the locals will probably appreciate you having to wear a mask !! We were due to start in Ostrava for a couple of nights and head across to Prague either via Brno or Hradec Kralove but I'd settle for a week in Prague at the minute mate. Our lasses birthday is end of July so think we'll see how things progress over the next couple of months and then try and get over then or early August.

Avoid Ostrava ATM mate, hradec will be ok but dead. Stick to prague, Brno and anywhere in-between this year - got a couple of new ones for you for next year when it's all back to normal though

Avoid Ostrava ATM mate, hradec will be ok but dead. Stick to prague, Brno and anywhere in-between this year - got a couple of new ones for you for next year when it's all back to normal though

Aye, will be a single base this time around mate. Jackie has already got a stash of masks ordered and her body temp wouldn't go over 37c in a crematorium oven so that's two obstacles ticked off already.

Aye, will be a single base this time around mate. Jackie has already got a stash of masks ordered and her body temp wouldn't go over 37c in a crematorium oven so that's two obstacles ticked off already.

I've a shitload so will bring some - my mates new bar is good mind, will introduce you and he has a few darks on

Booked for Belamadina (something like that) and Miami in the summer for 25th wedding anniversary.already lost Dubai in March.

Rebooked the lot, regardless if flights are happening until next year.

Will have a week in Devon if possible this year

What if already booked and paid like most are ? Totally in the hands of govt policy , if they allow the flights to go ahead then you have choice go or lose all the money and stay at home for your hols .
For me anyway , the govt should be blocking all summer hol flights , very few will self quarantine for 2 weeks anyway

We're due to go away on 02nd Aug. Been in touch with Virgin today and told we'd like a refund, they've agreed no problems and said we'd get an email to confirm the process has started then another one when the payment is being made. They did say it could take "a while" due to volume of applications. I've just emailed the resort for deposit back on the villa - I'm less hopeful of that

Last edited:
We're due to go away on 02nd Aug. Been in touch with Virgin today and told we'd like a refund, they've agreed no problems and said we'd get an email to confirm the process has started then another one when the payment is being made. They did say it could take "a while" due to volume of applications. I've just emailed the resort for deposit back on the villa - I'm less hopeful of that
Im surprised , didn’t think get any summer refunds yet until the govt say cannot fly

Silly question perhaps but what’s the deal with the 14 day quarantine and domestic flights? Got a few days booked in Inverness in August (if the quarantine is still in place by then), feeling confident it’ll go ahead.

Back