If the women’s team got to the cup final

I might go if I was in the neighbourhood but there’s no chance I’d be making a special trip for it.

And definitely not for the prices that a men’s final ticket would go for.

People too afraid to say it how it is, the women’s team winning anything wether it be league or fa cup is completely irrelevant to those who’ve supported Sunderland AFC for a lifetime.
It would be like having tears of joy over an u18 England team winning a World Cup in your lifetime whilst the national team never has.
No it wadnt.

Aye. I mean, I get it, they see the money in the men's game and want a piece of the action, which is understandable. But personally I just see it as an opportunity missed. It could have been a real alternative to the men's game. Set up on genuine sporting merit. People frustrated with the way the men's game is going could have the women's game as an alternative.

Instead it's just teams that are an extension of the men's team, using their facilities, and getting all of the benefits of financial backing, ran by a group that just want the "biggest" clubs involved. To me that's made it just a "lite" version of the money orientated men's game and I don't have time to watch all the same stuff that I watch in men's football (safc, England, premier league, champions league, other European games etc) replicated in the lasses
It’s probably too late now but I was all for jointly owned clubs in the “other” two club cities or even regions. Sheffield City, Nottingham Utd, Bristol United etc. Just too create a few more clubs capable of actually going toe to toe with the big lasses.

Mebbes even up in NE with Boro, SAFC and the mags taking a combined minority share? Soton, Pompey, Bournemouth? WBA and Wolves? Burnley, Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, Fleetwood? Norwich, Ipswich?

Back