If Sunday goes well..

they have a very good manager and didnt go up in one season..
norwhich went from 14h to 1st in one season while selling their best players and reducingthe wage bill..

I know they didn't, but I don't believe they spent a lot of money over the two seasons they were in the championship.

It's going to take us a few seasons, possibly more depending on finding new investors and I'm alright with that.
Teams are spending just as much in the championship as they would in the prem thanks to that parachute money and we just can't compete at those levels so we're going to have to be intelligent in our scouting and recruitment.

Unless some mega rich Arab decides he wants us as the new Man City, I think the best thing we all can do is prepare for the long haul.

Anything else would be a bonus.

Not sure how possible it is to build long term in the Championship. Lots of teams are coming down with parachute payments and others are losing their best players to premier league teams. Norwich finished mid table, sold their best player, spent next to nowt, then won the league. It's pretty unpredictable.

There exists this morning a similar thread on Charlton Life...is the Prem an ultimate goal? Now we have a discussion, for all we are all looking for is to share our lives by way of a common love, which is a simple parallel to our personal relationships and with that of our children and friends. In addition, the CL Mackems thread is full of respectful comments confirming what I posted earlier that we are indeed one big football family. Our Saturday get together with our team and our mates is our safety valve, win or lose a neccersary need has been fulfilled. For a hundred years this was our beautiful game, then sky came along and convinced you that if your team was not in the Prem you should hang your head in shame. There is no meaning to life as you cannot ask a question of maths, but there is a purpose "Love your fellow man and look after the planet that sustains you" Translated...whatever your passions, they are still your passions...do not let anyone tell you they have more life satisfaction because their club bought the league title. Division one with unity of club, players and fans gets my vote every time over Man City and the like.

Don't be frightened of love and truth...they are the reasons for my equilibrium.

COYR
COYM

There exists this morning a similar thread on Charlton Life...is the Prem an ultimate goal? Now we have a discussion, for all we are all looking for is to share our lives by way of a common love, which is a simple parallel to our personal relationships and with that of our children and friends. In addition, the CL Mackems thread is full of respectful comments confirming what I posted earlier that we are indeed one big football family. Our Saturday get together with our team and our mates is our safety valve, win or lose a neccersary need has been fulfilled. For a hundred years this was our beautiful game, then sky came along and convinced you that if your team was not in the Prem you should hang your head in shame. There is no meaning to life as you cannot ask a question of maths, but there is a purpose "Love your fellow man and look after the planet that sustains you" Translated...whatever your passions, they are still your passions...do not let anyone tell you they have more life satisfaction because their club bought the league title. Division one with unity of club, players and fans gets my vote every time over Man City and the like.

Don't be frightened of love and truth...they are the reasons for my equilibrium.

COYR
COYM
Think you’re on the wrong forum fella.

...and we are in the championship next year is the feeling that we would happily build for two or three years there?

For me the premiership is a pile of wank. Plastic fans, disconnected multi millionaire players and a handful of clubs controlling it and getting richer and richer. I’ve realized this after a humbling but very enjoyable year in L1

I would like to see a return to pre premier/sky days in order to save football. And to my mind there is s simple way to do this. Bring in a capped maximum wage for all new contracts. Let’s say around 10k a week. Much of the “talent” would fuck off abroad for more money. There would be no need for young players to travel to other clubs in UK to earn more so you would have local lads playing for local teams more than now. Plenty of youngsters would still want to play top level football in England for £500k a year. It would take a few years to even out but I think it would do the trick.

Can never see it happening to be honest as money runs football now. Which is why I wouldnt mind being in the championship for a while.

No thanks.

I think we'll need a good few seasons to build and establish the squad before we can even consider promotion to the Prem again, IF we get promotion that is...

Money has definitely ruined top flight football, every Premier League player is a millionaire now due to the high wages but you can't deny the fact having 4 English teams in European cup finals is a bit special.

Back