if someone had just woke up today from a 10 year coma

Facebook
Netflix
Apps
4G
Brexit
Trump
10 years in the top flight for SAFC (and subsequent double relegation)
The bottom one would be mental (if he was a Sunderland fan). When he went into the coma we were looking great and Keane had got us off to a decent start in the PL. If you woke now you’d wonder how it went so f***ing wrong....I guess that’s probably better than living through the last 4 years :lol:

The first three were all around in 2008 anyway. More ubiquitous and accessible now of course.
Aye, should have expanded a little. I think a lot of people wouldn't have heard of Facebook (and especially Netflix) in 2008? Iirc Bebo was still the social media of choice. Also, the App Store was only a few months old (July 2008).

Last edited:
Aye, should have expanded a little. I think a lot of people wouldn't have heard of Facebook (and especially Netflix) in 2008? Iirc Bebo was still the social media of choice. Also, the App Store was only a few months old (July 2008).
Just checked, I made my first Facebook post on 13th September 2008, I felt at the time I was quite late to the party too. I opened my first Netflix account around the same time, but it was almost immediately hacked, which was a problem for it initially. The online streaming side of Netflix really got started in 2006. Prior to that it was just an online version of Blockbuster-by-post.

The bottom one would be mental (if he was a Sunderland fan). When he went into the coma we were looking great and Keane had got us off to a decent start in the PL. If you woke now you’d wonder how it went so f***ing wrong....I guess that’s probably better than living through the last 4 years :lol:

I wouldn’t find it at all surprising. I don’t know whether that’s down to me being an eternal pessimist - or just being a long term Sunderland supporter.

The rise of the smartphone and social media is probably the biggest change. It has completely changed the Global political and demographic landscape.

The banks crashed , people decided it was their fault and allowed governments to take the.money out of their pockets to pay them back and give their executives bonuses .Even after 10 years of it some people still vote for the people doing it and nurses eat out of food banks .
There is a full blown madman in the Whitehouse and the people of the UK would rather be his servant than stay in the EU.
We won 6 in a row over the mags and its sent them mental to the extent they punch horses and shout at shops, however we're playing Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood and Huddersfield are in the prem. England has the heavyweight champ.
Rolf Harris was a peado, Cliffe Richards wasn't, gay people can now get married,

I’d tell them that there is a section of society offended by absolutely everything and if someone on the street uses the word “racist” it’s the law that you have to smack them in the mouth.

Back