If Phillips was manager and had made the same start as Parkinson

He’s been a disaster so far totally agree. But the players have been an absolute disgrace clearly quite a few have deliberately downed tools. Players run football now. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. The players are clearly better than our performance’s on the pitch but clearly quite a few have spat their dummies out.

I fully agree but, it was obvious they knew he only got the job because he cost the least. That coupled with bringing a coach in with zero experience doesn't bode well for gaining the trust or respect of the players.
Also, if he's been the one advocating passing it back to the keeper to hoof it constantly (as I've
said a thousand times on here, his Bolton side stuck in my memory as doing it against us) then who can blame them, as he's making them look a lot worse than they are.

I fully agree but, it was obvious they knew he only got the job because he cost the least. That coupled with bringing a coach in with zero experience doesn't bode well for gaining the trust or respect of the players.
Also, if he's been the one advocating passing it back to the keeper to hoof it constantly (as I've
said a thousand times on here, his Bolton side stuck in my memory as doing it against us) then who can blame them, as he's making them look a lot worse than they are.
Yep cheapest option defo. But it doesn’t give some of them the right to down tools. They’re an absolute disgrace.

Would you want him sacked already or do you think his legend status and the fact he’d never managed before would buy him a bit more time? I never wanted parkinson and can’t see him turning it around but part of me thinks it’s too soon to sack him and he deserves a chance in jan to bring some of his own players in.

If a fish had the rod and river bank seat would he catch the fisherman or simply wait.

Obviously we'd give him more time, a lot more. Club legend, new manager & well known as a decent guy. He's also be the fans choice, or a large proportion of them. None of that could be said about PP, except maybe 1 and that'll be from his wife.

It depends what he was trying to do. The results have been shite, but believe it or not it's less about the results and more about the way he's attempting to play the game for me. It's bad. It's not working either, but even if he gets this hoofball rubbish working, it'll still be bad.

In the best case scenario with Parkinson, he goes out and buys 5 big lumps in January to play route one football, we manage somehow to put enough of a run together to go up, either by the playoffs or nicking an automatic spot, then what?

Good teams in the Championship do not play Parkinson's game, which is why he's failed every time he's managed there. So we either stick with the man who's given us a miraculous promotion, allow him to rebuild the team to play the turgid shite he advocates to end up lower mid table at best, or we sack him and have to bring in a new manager and buy a whole new team anyway.

Phillips would be getting more leeway because he's a legend and people actually wanted him to manage us, certainly. But hopefully also because we'd be able to look at what was happening on the pitch and say "I can see he's trying to play football", not "this rubbish may be marginally less ineffective when f***ing Charlie Wyke is back fit."

Apparently there’s a small group of players who’ve threw their toys out of the pram when Ross went.

The state they came back from the first game I'm not surprised - behaving like a pub team by took them on a Jolly to Portugal for a piss up and we ended starting the season like a pub team.

It boils down to whether you see Parkinson as the future of the football club. I don't. We know what Parkinson is and that's why no one wanted him. At least with Phillips he'd be an unknown.

Perhaps because his previous history here has not been one of totally f***ing up ?

At least we know that Phillips knows what "good" looks like.
As a player, totally agree, but as a manager? Hard to make that statement when there is no evidence to show he is better than what we have. Don't get me wrong, PP certainly wasn't my choice, but then again, neiter was Phillips

As a player, totally agree, but as a manager? Hard to make that statement when there is no evidence to show he is better than what we have. Don't get me wrong, PP certainly wasn't my choice, but then again, neiter was Phillips
We can agree that PP is shit, and that this case anything would be an improvement.

In defence of Phillips:

1) He knows the club and its supporters.
2) He know him as well. he would be a popular choice.
3) He knows what "good" looks like and acts like, unlike this manager and squad.
4) His "lack of experience" includes time on the coaching staff of a Premiership winning Leicester City.
5) We are in League One. The list of managerial options isn't that attractive anyway.

Last edited:
Obviously we'd give him more time, a lot more. Club legend, new manager & well known as a decent guy. He's also be the fans choice, or a large proportion of them. None of that could be said about PP, except maybe 1 and that'll be from his wife.
But surely that's unfair.
Basically then, Parkinson wasn't 'the fans choice' so he's not gonna get a chance .
Seems quite a common thing at this club - managers getting hounded out . Not quite as quickly as this though

PP might have been the cheapest option, he might also have been the only one prepared to come here. We are absolutely a graveyard slot for managers and there was no way at the point he was interviewing he could ever have thought there is a quick and easy fix here to getting the club playing good football, winning matches and getting back up the divisions.

Back