If Phillips was manager and had made the same start as Parkinson

Would you want him sacked already or do you think his legend status and the fact he’d never managed before would buy him a bit more time? I never wanted parkinson and can’t see him turning it around but part of me thinks it’s too soon to sack him and he deserves a chance in jan to bring some of his own players in.
What a stupid question. Parkinson was appointed. He has been shit, to the point that we would currently welcome his departure after eleven games. That is all there is.

Would you want him sacked already or do you think his legend status and the fact he’d never managed before would buy him a bit more time? I never wanted parkinson and can’t see him turning it around but part of me thinks it’s too soon to sack him and he deserves a chance in jan to bring some of his own players in.
If football were cricket, would you still gan to the match?

Did I want Parkinson No! because he looked a poor option and I still don't
Did I want Philips No! because we needed someone who could get us out of this division and I still don't.

This. A 36% win ratio, mainly in the bottom 2 divisions is not what we needed.

There certainly won't be a change in style anytime soon, now Wyke is available again

Mine was a question to the OP.....if there were signs of improvement with skp in charge then I'd be ok with results. Theres absolutely no sign of improvement under parkinson and there wont be any time soon so that's why I want rid. That performance against burton is probably the worst I've seen in nearly 40 years of going.

No comparison. PP has form for shit football. Phillips was part of the coaching staff at Leicester that won the PL title. Phillips is an unknown who is worshiped at the club, PP isn’t!
Mine was a question to the OP.....if there were signs of improvement with skp in charge then I'd be ok with results. Theres absolutely no sign of improvement under parkinson and there wont be any time soon so that's why I want rid. That performance against burton is probably the worst I've seen in nearly 40 years of going.

This^

What a stupid question. Parkinson was appointed. He has been shit, to the point that we would currently welcome his departure after eleven games. That is all there is.
Don't get the logic of giving him January. No certainty things will improve given the shoe-string budget we have. Ultimately Parkinson not good enough. Get rid.

So if Phillips trotted out the same results PP has, he would receive more backing from the fans? Whys that?

It depends how the results were achieved. If theres improvement and you can see a system developing you could live with it. We're getting worse under parkinson and the thought of him getting a transfer window to bring in his own players f***ing terrifies me.

So if Phillips trotted out the same results PP has, he would receive more backing from the fans? Whys that?

He’s more respected and people would recognise he was a new manager - I believe his status would give him more tolerance and time. Mind, there would still have to be some signs of improvement but that goes for anyone.

It depends how the results were achieved. If theres improvement and you can see a system developing you could live with it. We're getting worse under parkinson and the thought of him getting a transfer window to bring in his own players f***ing terrifies me.
Can't disagree with that, it was just the phrase 'but even if not, he would garner far more support' that threw me. Like you, my fear is giving our current manager, who is getting no response or improvement from this squad, a chance to spend what little we have to try to redress this horrendous hole we're in. We really are in a massively poor state ATM sadly

It’s not just about the results it’s about the performance, 1 thing is for sure Phillips wouldn’t be playing long ball football

Wake up ffs, Parkinson is shit and has lost 9 games out of 12. Why would you want to give him money? He’s lost the dressing room and the fans 12 games in, there’s only one way this is going.
He’s been a disaster so far totally agree. But the players have been an absolute disgrace clearly quite a few have deliberately downed tools. Players run football now. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. The players are clearly better than our performance’s on the pitch but clearly quite a few have spat their dummies out.

The first half against Coventry and second v Burton was probably the worst "football" I've seen a Sunderland side play and I've been going since 1984.

Back