IF Phillips got the job..

I can see the merit of appointing an ex player as manager. Nowt like an ex player to get the fans cheering again and getting them all excited. But in terms of convincing me he has the credentials to take the club to where it should be and that is in a higher league among better clubs and winning games again, I am yet to be.

The more I think about it the more I think he should be given the job, he’s served his time as a number 2, Barton and Bowyer have done well, it would give the whole place a lift

I totally get that.
But we need to get out of this division and inexperience won’t.
Even experienced people struggle.

Could you pair him with someone like Harford who really does though? Tbh, maybe we should be trying to get Harford as DoF anyway, though whether he'd leave Luton is up for debate.

Last edited:
If we simply showed attacking intent the crowd would start getting behind the team then it would sharp turn into a place where teams don’t want to come and play. Under Ross they looked happy to come here and raise their game to take a point. Our lack of home wins cost us last year. Probably only won just over half, wasn’t good enough.
This. f***ing bores the life out of the crowd with the defensive football.

Was like the Martin O’Neill era again.

The more I think about, the more I think he would have Bally as his assistant. Knows the club inside out and has that nut case presence about him.

Back