IF Phillips got the job..

bowers2

Striker
Would indicate the total ineptness of the current owners.
Phillips is a Sunderland legend but a decent player doesn’t make a good manager.
If an appointment of Phillips was made, someone whom has no managerial experience would scream appeasement for the fans and buy the current owner some time and breathing space.
Unfortunately the current situation is bound to cause fans to speculate. Donald prides himself of engagement with the fans but this isn’t working at the moment due to the silence.
IF SKP is appointed, every Sunderland supporter should seriously question the owners.
Some will be happy with this most who witnessed him play hadvthe golden years of our club (unless you seen the 1930s) and would relish him.
Let’s see what happens. If it’s Philips. Be really concerned.

48 hours ago I was dead set against KP getting it, but I’ve thought about it a lot since and it just seems like the right course of action.

I think he’d have a Keane 2006/07 effect on us as a club.

Job would most likely swallow up Stendel or Ainsworth just like Ross.

Who knows?

Given we really want to go up this year, I'd be inclined to look for someone with managerial history.

However... if the MSD deal goes through, then that removes the urgent financial need to go up this year, giving SKP more time?

It would all depend on who his assistant would be. I think he needs a bit of lunatic by his side as SKP comes across as quite a quiet bloke. Let's be honest though it would be fantastic to see such a legend of a player as manager.

If we don't get Keane which is likely we won't then Super Kev is my choice for manager, looking at Ainsworth and managers like that just don't fill me with confidence. SKP knows the club, as people said he has been involved for 5 years with some decent clubs, Leicester being a the biggest of them, getting his badges, look at Gerrard Liverpool u18s for a while now Rangers and are top of the SPL, probably future Liverpool Manager.Lampard did good with Derby and then went back to Chelsea and he has them doing well. My opinion SKP deserves his shot with us! HA'WAY Super Kev

If we don't get Keane which is likely we won't then Super Kev is my choice for manager, looking at Ainsworth and managers like that just don't fill me with confidence. SKP knows the club, as people said he has been involved for 5 years with some decent clubs, Leicester being a the biggest of them, getting his badges, look at Gerrard Liverpool u18s for a while now Rangers and are top of the SPL, probably future Liverpool Manager.Lampard did good with Derby and then went back to Chelsea and he has them doing well. My opinion SKP deserves his shot with us! HA'WAY Super Kev

Agree mate. Think a bigger name would revitalise the fan base and there’s nothing to say they wouldn’t be a success. No more of a risk than it was appointing jack Ross. We will finish in the top 6 regardless, was the same under JR, teams just don’t have the ability to beat us at the SoL.

Back