If people from Sunderland are known as mackems.

Mackems / Geordies.....
You all sound pretty much the same to me.
Same accent - same dialect.
I remember that chant in the Fulwell End “Geordies , Mackems , Geordies , Mackems” part of our support had no problems identifying themselves as Geordies in the 80s.

Why do Ant n Dec loving folks from Durham, Darlington, Sedgefield call themselves Geordies even if they don't like football ?

Its my biggest bugbear to be honest, I am from Durham, and am proud to be from Durham, would never ever claim to be a Mackem, or from Sunderland, it has just never entered my mind

The amount of people who support the mags and claim to be geordies from my town, even on bloody tinder I have seen lasses from my hometown called themselves geordies in the bio

Just don't get it

Its my biggest bugbear to be honest, I am from Durham, and am proud to be from Durham, would never ever claim to be a Mackem, or from Sunderland, it has just never entered my mind

The amount of people who support the mags and claim to be geordies from my town, even on bloody tinder I have seen lasses from my hometown called themselves geordies in the bio

Just don't get it

Insecurity. They hate what they are and where they're from and wish they were born in Newcastle. I bet there's plenty of daft twats from the likes of Darlington who claim they're Geordies when they go abroad. I bet they even put on a faux Geordie accent.

Back