If parkinson was to go

I didn't want SKP in as manager because I thought the job would eat him alive.

That said I wanted Smart Price Moyes even less. No communication skills, completely wrong style of play for a team of tubby midgets and wrong for anyone who is passionate about their football.

Hoying in Super Kev has merit purely because he's not Phil Parkinson.
I tend to agree, I didn't want SKP for a couple of reasons - 1) lack of experience, 2) damage failure would do to his legend status

However, we are at such a low ebb right now we need something to boost the club, the players and the supporters. Clearly Keane isn't on the agenda (nor are we on his) so SKP with someone like Ball as assistant could be the filip that we all need. Even if it was just an upturn in results until the end of the season.
Lots of ex-players are doing the business right now (Bowyer, Lampard, Solksjaer) and it seems to be the way a lot of clubs are going. I'm not sure we have anything to lose by giving him a chance

When we came down to this level with £40m worth of transfer payments to come, a decent amount of promising players in the academy and four or five saleable assets there was a genuine chance to get the structure and culture right and invest in the squad.

They’ve fucked up at every turn and there are no more opportunities to make the best of this. Now there is no future income, what we’ve had has been wasted and we still don’t have a working footballing structure. This is only the beginning of this lull. Could go on for a while yet.

A hell of a long time. As you say, we had 2 years of parachute money and some good young uns coming through the Academy. Now, anyone who can kick a ball straight at that level has been sold to the first bidder and the parachute cash has gone.
We'll be just another League One side next year, along the lines of Gillingham, without a pot to piss in but with a huge White Elephant of a Stadium to upkeep.
The whole clubs needs a clear out

We can't afford one, sadly. Most of the squad are out of contract at the end of the season. Christ knows how we'll be able to replace them.
Could be another Bolton with only a handful of professionals on the books.

Last edited:
Under donalds watch there have been 20 plus first team signing

2 failed managerial appointments

Numerous terrible appoints in the recruitment team,academy and other higher ups

What are the chances of him getting the next one right and equally important what are the chances of that same recruitment team getting whats needed in january?

A complete cull needed in the next 3 weeks to see any form of uplift in the clubs fortunes.

We need a clean out of players when this season ends. I think we’re fucked and should consolidate then start again with a new manager and young pacey hungry players next season. As bad as that sounds I just can’t see how things will change.

anyone who thinks this team is capable of promotion is deluded. Even with 3/4 signings they will still struggle because the manager doesn’t have a clue how to set the team up and the players we have are happy to play mediocre tepid football and pick up a wage. They have no graft in them.

Back