If parkinson was to go

hughbert

Winger
Under donalds watch there have been 20 plus first team signing

2 failed managerial appointments

Numerous terrible appoints in the recruitment team,academy and other higher ups

What are the chances of him getting the next one right and equally important what are the chances of that same recruitment team getting whats needed in january?

A complete cull needed in the next 3 weeks to see any form of uplift in the clubs fortunes.

What are the chances of him getting the next one right and equally important what are the chances of that same recruitment team getting whats needed in january?

A complete cull needed in the next 3 weeks to see any form of uplift in the clubs fortunes.
Arnly thing he needs to get right is to sell us on to a decent owner, with a vision for our future, and the means/will to achieve the same.

Let's hope history repeats itself. We've had a load of useless twat managers, some quite likeable, some miserable gits but nobody for me has got under the skin of fans so quickly as PP since McMenemy. Remember how that panned out-he went, Stokoe stepped in as a steadying caretaker and Denis Smith came in and lifted the place.

Bit Lawrie was the wrong man, Parkinson is the wrong man. Make the decision and get him out, don't rush the appointment of his successor, maybe give somebody like Phillips a go as a caretaker and see how he gets on.

Let's hope history repeats itself. We've had a load of useless twat managers, some quite likeable, some miserable gits but nobody for me has got under the skin of fans so quickly as PP since McMenemy. Remember how that panned out-he went, Stokoe stepped in as a steadying caretaker and Denis Smith came in and lifted the place.

Bit Lawrie was the wrong man, Parkinson is the wrong man. Make the decision and get him out, don't rush the appointment of his successor, maybe give somebody like Phillips a go as a caretaker and see how he gets on.
I'm in for a bit of that.

I reckon he needs to gamble on Phillips as the longer Parkinson is here the more the fans want SKP. If he gets the next one wrong and he’s shit an all then it will be a worse reaction.
If SKP fails then at least it’s not Donald to blame.

If they considered Parkinson the stand out unanimous candidate then there’s no chance. Only hope would be that he outsources the decision making

This is the biggest issue for me. SD is just not capable of making the correct decisions on any of the football related matters. He really needs someone with experience of the behind the scenes goings on of a big club to do the job for him.

He won't but the season has pretty much gone now due to his catastrophic failures so it's a chance to give it to someone people can rally get behind without anywhere near as much pressure being on them.

However, bearing in mind he appointed Parkinson because he didn't manage a team that stayed in the championship, and because he had glowing references of Kevin Ball, we are fucked.

Last edited:

Looking at the player's attitudes I don’t believe Ross was a failure. Missing out on promotion by a very late goal and a cup loss via shoot out is not failing in my book. It’s sport.

Looking at the player's attitudes I don’t believe Ross was a failure. Missing out on promotion by a very late goal and a cup loss via shoot out is not failing in my book. It’s sport.
Last season wasn't an absolute failure I agree..... but he's gone now mate, because he was failing miserably this season... unfortunately we managed to appoint someone worse in his place.

When we came down to this level with £40m worth of transfer payments to come, a decent amount of promising players in the academy and four or five saleable assets there was a genuine chance to get the structure and culture right and invest in the squad.

They’ve fucked up at every turn and there are no more opportunities to make the best of this. Now there is no future income, what we’ve had has been wasted and we still don’t have a working footballing structure. This is only the beginning of this lull. Could go on for a while yet.

He was failing.
He had one way of setting the team up and, like Parkinson, appeared content with playing for draws.

It wasn’t good enough if we want to progress. Unfortunately, he was replaced by a poor man’s version of him.

GIven the departures of Davidson and Methven in recent weeks I think the next appointment Stewart Donald makes should be an experienced football administrator to take over the day to day running of the club including being responsible for the hiring and firing of the backroom staff. Coton and Parkinson should be dispensed with immediately and a new team put in place to save us from the embarrassment of a relegation battle

GIven the departures of Davidson and Methven in recent weeks I think the next appointment Stewart Donald makes should be an experienced football administrator to take over the day to day running of the club including being responsible for the hiring and firing of the backroom staff. Coton and Parkinson should be dispensed with immediately and a new team put in place to save us from the embarrassment of a relegation battle

Makes you wonder what is going on with those two leaving the club.

Parkinson has to be sacked, pointless keeping him as there is no chance he could turn it round.

Who wants to watch that pathetic football for the next 2 plus years anyway? Absolute crap.

I reckon he needs to gamble on Phillips as the longer Parkinson is here the more the fans want SKP. If he gets the next one wrong and he’s shit an all then it will be a worse reaction.
If SKP fails then at least it’s not Donald to blame.
It would be if he wasn't backed changing the squad !

SKP, Ball and Rae would put a rocket up them and get the stands in full voice!

Makes you wonder what is going on with those two leaving the club.

Parkinson has to be sacked, pointless keeping him as there is no chance he could turn it round.

Who wants to watch that pathetic football for the next 2 plus years anyway? Absolute crap.
Davidson leaving is the weird one for me. He was an employee, not an owner and was brought back to the club specifically to be MD. He's a local lad and has history with the club. Then suddenly, 1 year in he leaves without warning.
I never thought Methven was in this for the long haul - 6% stake and tasked with getting corporate and business side of things up and running. By all accounts, the financial side of things os OK at the club, so it doesn't surprise my in the slightest that he's gone.

I didn't want SKP in as manager because I thought the job would eat him alive.

That said I wanted Smart Price Moyes even less. No communication skills, completely wrong style of play for a team of tubby midgets and wrong for anyone who is passionate about their football.

Hoying in Super Kev has merit purely because he's not Phil Parkinson.

Back