If nothing has changed on the pitch.

We have to get off to a strong start. The owners and their 100 points bollocks has made a rod for his back and some fans are already desperate to turn.

We’re still lacking in midfield for me (quality and something different, not numbers) unless Robson and Embleton can step up, but I don’t know enough about Embleton to decide and I’m unconvinced by Robson despite initially being impressed when he first came onto the scene in the Championship season.

So we'll just use half a season with Sunderland and forget about his career stats. Great logic that.

His full career average suggests in a 46 game season without missing any games he’d score about 13-14 goals. Not really good enough for a striker who offers little else.

Or shall we just use his league one stats and forget about his career stats. Great logic that.

His full career average suggests in a 46 game season without missing any games he’d score about 13-14 goals. Not really good enough for a striker who offers little else.

Or shall we just use his league one stats and forget about his career stats. Great logic that.
Well seeing as we play in League one his League one stats suggests he'd score 16-17 goals.
How do the other strikers stats in this league stack up against this.

Well seeing as we play in League one his League one stats suggests he'd score 16-17 goals.
How do the other strikers stats in this league stack up against this.

Top scorers last season were around the 25 goal mark. Even at his best he’s some way off

Also seeing as we are Sunderland, his stats at Sunderland are equally as relevant

The corresponding fixtures from last season against our first 7 opponents at home this coming season (not counting teams new to the league) resulted in 2 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat. Would that be acceptable again in your opinion or would we have a bit of a crisis on our hands.
What would find acceptable is someone buying the majority of SD shares appointing Keane at least one thing for sure is we would be the fittest side in this league

The corresponding fixtures from last season against our first 7 opponents at home this coming season (not counting teams new to the league) resulted in 2 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat. Would that be acceptable again in your opinion or would we have a bit of a crisis on our hands.

If you are winning a league taking 10 points from 7 games at home is not acceptable. That’s barely survival form never mind champions form. Need 18 from 21 at a minimum from our home games

I don't think they will be. I think unless it's 0-0 we'll struggle quite a bit. We have no goals in the team without Macgeady

Couldn't agree more.

The only hope we have of going up is if Grigg rediscovers his past form at this level, which doesn't look likely. The rest of team are good enough, but we just won't score enough goals.

If Grigg doesn't come good then there's no way on this earth we'll get out of this league, because Wyke certainly won't score enough.

Top scorers last season were around the 25 goal mark. Even at his best he’s some way off

Also seeing as we are Sunderland, his stats at Sunderland are equally as relevant
Which strikers scored 25 goals last season?
Also Grigg as scored 19,19,20 and 25 goals in previous seasons in league one.

So the OP has invented a scenario where we start poorly, the usual suspects have decided it's shocking and are already using it as justification for sacking the manager?

This f***ing place man. Embarrassing.

It's a reasonable comparison. The 7 teams I put forward are our first 7 home games against teams we played last season. We got 10 points from those 7 games. So the premise is that IF nothing has changed we may not better last seasons results against those teams. Do you think enough has changed to get us off to a good start and if not how long do you think the fans will remain patient.

Back