Ideas For a New Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project for work.

Oh wise SMB please give me your most weird and wonderful ideas for a new business that I can pitch in a Dragon's Den style environment.

Or just tell me to fuck off.

I know how this place operates
Spend £200k on making a gadget to prevent large bottles of liquid 'glugging' causing spillage. Think big bottle of motor oil when pouring from a 5l bottle from a height

But then don't be surprised when the equivalent of peter jones at your pitch simply turns the bottle 90 degrees, thus rendering your £200k completely wasted

persuade Greggs to put contraceptive in sausage rolls and Sports Direct to weave some into the gusset of trackie bottoms - claim your reward from the government in 10 years and every year thereafter

Plaster of Paris powder (or similar modern equivalent) to be deployed during flood alert to mix with incoming water to create instant flood barrier.
Once flood has gone, charge people small fee to have a go at smashing new flood defence into small pieces with sledgehammer in new exercise craze.
Once flood defence is smashed into small rocks, charge people a small fee for people to use rocks to throw at cats.

Related business. Cat farm. Set up farm breeding cats for food, fur and for rock throwing business.

The most profitable small business is likely to be software based because once the initial investment is made it can be replicated at zero cost. This gives ongoing profits for as long as people buy/lease the software.

Simple computer/mobile phone games can make millions.

Project for work.

Oh wise SMB please give me your most weird and wonderful ideas for a new business that I can pitch in a Dragon's Den style environment.

Genuine answer, I reckon an ice cream parlour similar to lickery splits down Roker / Seaburn would be a gold mine
The Seaham one has queues out of the door in winter, and Sunderland has more footfall.

Genuine answer, I reckon an ice cream parlour similar to lickery splits down Roker / Seaburn would be a gold mine
The Seaham one has queues out of the door in winter, and Sunderland has more footfall.
Aye but sunderlands further north.

Project for work.

Don't try and re-invent the wheel - find a good business that works and emulate it/do it better
eg
wetherspoons - its a pub with grub - but they do it better

Last edited:
An entrpanuer trying to be great off our back right there.

people say pylons are ugly.. they say turbines are ugly.

so put them together and you are sorted... double ugly.

pylons are there anyway and then a transformer could feed it straight into the system.

only little turbines... could fit 3 or 4 or each pylon.

line the motorways let the lorries blow the wind

There is big money these days in mobile phone apps if you could come up with a good one. Things like snapchat are worth millions and in reality it was a pretty simple idea I.e send a picture that disappears after a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back