Idea for a competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross puts forward an unprocessed RAW/DNG file that he has sourced from somewhere, (usually from one of us I'd imagine) that we can each download and process to our own tastes and standards.
We then upload our results as a jpeg and it goes to vote.
Maybe 5 or so voting categories with an overall one?
Usually the more challenging shots that are initially framed bad, lit bad or are uninteresting are the better files to work with.

Not only is it fun, but it evens the playing field for those us who can't get to shoot exotic locations or subjects. It also allows those with less able cameras to play around with high quality images.

AFAIA Camera Raw is free, so everyone can be included.

Ross puts forward an unprocessed RAW/DNG file that he has sourced from somewhere, (usually from one of us I'd imagine) that we can each download and process to our own tastes and standards.
We then upload our results as a jpeg and it goes to vote.
Maybe 5 or so voting categories with an overall one?
Usually the more challenging shots that are initially framed bad, lit bad or are uninteresting are the better files to work with.

Not only is it fun, but it evens the playing field for those us who can't get to shoot exotic locations or subjects. It also allows those with less able cameras to play around with high quality images.

AFAIA Camera Raw is free, so everyone can be included.

I learned how to 'shop donkeys and goats recently. I'm in.

Over sharpened duck just destroys everything

The only thing they fear is tony pulis

Brilliant one for pulling in new members, n1 hebbs :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back