Iconic SAFC Photos

Opening of Roker Park 1898; Sunderland AFC 1 v 0 Liverpool FC

Logon or register to see this image

I've known ticket queues all round the ground from around there ;)
I hope youre feeling better BTW. I noted that you had been poorly. Take it easy.

quality. wonder if theres any descendants knocking about the streets of sunderland to this day
Very difficult now to trace relatives down. They sometimes come out of the blue and occasionally ALS put some people my way for information and images on their relations/our former players. Had one the other week.

Last edited:

I hope youre feeling better BTW. I noted that you had been poorly. Take it easy.

Very difficult now to trace relatives down. They sometimes come out of the blue and occasionally ALS put some people my way for information and images on their relations/our former players. Had one the other week.

My lot were still making money on the Potshare bowling circuit at that time

Last edited:

Love it, just imaging these blokes with mackem accents

You’ve got some cracking photos there.

I've got literally thousands and I decided to get some of the older ones colourised. I know a couple of land who are colourisers.

Most of them were Scottish!

Those old coloured photos are superb. Did you post one a year or so ago which had Charlie Hurley standing over someone looking as if he’s about to rip someones head off

Those old coloured photos are superb. Did you post one a year or so ago which had Charlie Hurley standing over someone looking as if he’s about to rip someones head off
It was another lad who posted it. Cant remember if I gave the lad the B & W image and he had it colourised or he had the B & W image anyway. I've got it in my system somewhere though.

Now that is an impressive find.
Another one that I got the original from the archives of the Echo and had colourised.

Last edited:

Back