Iconic SAFC Photos

Remember a discussion about this photo at the time

There is one person on the stairs top left in a natty white tank top who has the reactions of Quickdraw McGraw

It’s one of my favourite football photos - at least partly because of the mental woman in the tank top! Worked in Barnard Castle for 3 years and printed a copy of it for my office door.

This is another one that I love. Don’t care what anyone ever says about Borini, he will always have a special place for this. He did what every one of us would love to - took the responsibility for a massive penalty at a massive time in a massive game, laughed at the fool in goal, absolutely bladdered it home, then goaded the absolute life out of the bellends! This picture sums football in the north east perfectly for me. I call it “Stallions and Punchers”.

Last edited:

Never seen a shot hit as hard. The balls hit the back of the net but look at the crowd and no ones reacted yet. It was that quick
Look at the steward at the left then look right to the bottom of the steps. Go up the steps and look up at the lass in red and white. She knew it was in ;) :lol: :EDIT: as you do now :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s one of my favourite football photos - at least partly because of the mental woman in the tank top! Worked in Barnard Castle for 3 years and printed a copy of it for my office door.

This is another one that I love. Don’t care what anyone ever says about Borini, he will always have a special place for this. He did what every one of us would love to - took the responsibility for a massive penalty at a massive time in a massive game, laughed at the fool in goal, absolutely bladdered it home, then goaded the absolute life out of the bellends! This picture sums football in the north east perfectly for me. I call it “Stallions and Punchers”.

respect to Bardsley for winning it too

Back