Ice Hockey/Durham Wasps/Billingham

Said news. As for Billingham Stars it's a year or so since I finally went back to watch ice hockey after an approx. 27ish year absence since Durham Wasps folded and I've got to be honest it has been great to be back albeit it will never replicate the days of Durham. Me and my wife are traveling home and a fair few away games watching Billingham and it's great. A good core of supporters who are dedicated and a genuinely nice bunch of people who have made us feel very welcome. Currently top of the league, Billingham have done very well but sadly got hammered last weekend in the cup final. Still potentially 3 trophies to play for. They're a good side and I'd recommend anyone to pop down to Billingham Forum and take a game in. We've got season tickets but match admission is £12/£8 which represents excellent value.
Also Billingham have a new team in the league below called Billingham Buccaneers who were formed at the start of the season, good value at £5/£2.50. Highly recommended

Last edited:
Time to own up I suppose.
I'm a massive Cardiff Devils fan (hence the name).
Season Ticket holder.
Follow them away too whenever I get the chance.
Hockey is my favourite sport, football a close second.
Wasps were a bit before my time but I did see plenty of the Vipers when they played against us.

What am I doing on a Sunderland forum ?

I've been lurking for years.
I originally came here as it seemed to be full of people who had hints and tips for "Kodi boxes".
Moved on to a paid sub since then ;)

I love the passion you guys have for your club.
Some real characters here too.
Long may it continue !

Season Ticket holder.
Wasps were a bit before my time but I did see plenty of the Vipers when they played against us.

I originally came here as it seemed to be full of people who had hints and tips for "Kodi boxes".

Long may it continue !

I remember Durham having some good battles with Cardiff Devils, they were always good games. Still good to see some of the old team names from when I was a kid still going. Nottingham Panthers, Fife Flyers. Solihull Barons, Telford Tigers and Whitley Warriors also still going.

Last edited:
Season Ticket holder.

Long may it continue !
Durham built up a decent rivalry with Cardiff when the Cooper brothers went from Durham to Cardiff (and then back again). There were some really good battles between us. 👊

My cousins were mad into it and would go to Durham regularly and I used to get down a bit but not as much as them.

Used to be interesting trying to avoid the puck at times in the crowd 🤣

Reading the names of Brebant, Weaver etc brought some good memories back.

Went to see Manchester a couple of times when I lived there but it wasn’t the same raw experience as I remember at Durham….in fact closest I got to that type of atmosphere was taking in game in Zell Am See about 6/7 years ago

I used to watch the Wasps quite regularly. Never forget the big Russian lad Kozhevnikov give one of the Warriors (or perhaps Cleveland) lads a good smacking in the castle Eden cup.

Back