ICC update DRS Rules

Typical Aussies spoiling it for everyone. So standing umpire has to say not out for caught, you appeal the stumping and also say "can we review the caught behind too?". Presumably they check the catch as that would have happened first then the stumping?

Opens the door for a potential shitshow....

Stumping goes up for a review, no stumping but DRS shows the batter nicked it. The bowling side have no reviews left.

So DRS shows its out, but the batter carries on.

i like this idea - they should also use it when a team appeals for LBW and it's found that there was an inside edge and the ball had carried to a catcher.

Ask the fielding captain what he/she is appealing for and check for that one type of dismissal only.

Similarly, a batsman can ask an umpire for what he/she has been given out before asking for a review.

Umpire reviews for run outs do my tits in. Every run out ‘shout’ is checked no matter how close. Big Bash game this morning the batter was closer to the stumps than he was to being out, umpire was in position to watch for the run out and still went upstairs. Now the laws have been changed so once the bat is grounded you are in even if it bounced up I don’t think there’s as much need for the umpires to check as many as they do. They are over reliant on the 3rd ump now and as above that contributes to the game being slow just as much as the players do.

Opens the door for a potential shitshow....

Stumping goes up for a review, no stumping but DRS shows the batter nicked it. The bowling side have no reviews left.

So DRS shows its out, but the batter carries on.
Don't waste reviews would be the lesson there.

Shouldn't get a free review, that's what they are changing which I think is correct.

Back