Ian Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filling up.

RIP.

A relative of a similar age with 2 young bairns was found dead yesterday too.

Although I should have gave the great bloke lots of thought last night I couldnt stop thinking about his little uns.

If you have bairns, give them a big love this weekend!

I can only echo this sentiment. God knows how they must be feeling right now, but hopefully the many tributes to Ian will give them some comfort.

Only ever read his articles in the Shields Gazette........
Such a shame for someone so young with a young family.
Gutted for family & friends

RIP

:-(

Last time I spoke to him he was with Bri in The Bell when we were watching us get beat of Norwich this season. The three of us had a quick natter about the state of SAFC and football in general.

You never know whats round the corner.:cry:

Indeed.

An Safc story - one of thousands of examples I'm sure to show Ian was no faceless hack, but a SAFC fanatic.

We were down Selhurst Park watching SAFC being relegated again, a few years before Ian had the echo job. Wimbledon had won, and there was just about just us left standing in the paddock. Ian was the only one of us that was still keeping the faith, he had the transistor glued to his ear realizing that the spurs game was still going - think it had been delayed... Coventry was it? :neutral: Anyway spurs did everything but score a winner. The game finished, and the first I knew about it was this radio whistling above our heads and smashing into 100 pieces on the front of the stand. We had to laugh a bit, though Ian wasn't laughing!

He was a great dad too. Everyone loves their kids of course, but he put them first in every way and he was so at ease when with them

Re: Ian Laws (S'land Echo Journo) - RIP.

I remember Lawsy's stint as a rock vocalist in 'Too Much Blood' when they opened with One Vision - he took a bit of stick off the crowd like. :lol:

First time I've smiled in the last ten minutes when I remembered that like.

Still totally shocked.

I knew Ian for years and worked with him in Wm Lows when we were 17/18 ish, cracking lad but the bit about his time as a lead singer made me smile. I can remember him belting out Pinball Wizard at a youthy gig which got the same crowd response.

RIP Ian

RIP Ian.

Worked with him for 6 years at the Echo. Top, top bloke.

Thoughts to his wife & young family.

Devestating. :cry:

Indeed.

An Safc story - one of thousands of examples I'm sure to show Ian was no faceless hack, but a SAFC fanatic.

We were down Selhurst Park watching SAFC being relegated again, a few years before Ian had the echo job. Wimbledon had won, and there was just about just us left standing in the paddock. Ian was the only one of us that was still keeping the faith, he had the transistor glued to his ear realizing that the spurs game was still going - think it had been delayed... Coventry was it? :neutral: Anyway spurs did everything but score a winner. The game finished, and the first I knew about it was this radio whistling above our heads and smashing into 100 pieces on the front of the stand. We had to laugh a bit, though Ian wasn't laughing!

He was a great dad too. Everyone loves their kids of course, but he put them first in every way and he was so at ease when with them

And the best bit is that his Dad tried to bring him up a mag (I'm sure he confirmed this story after the Frank Turner gig last year, but i was a bit drunk). I remember he had a mag strip when he was young, but he soon saw the light and chose the correct path. I always took the piss out of him about it though. :lol::-(

I knew Ian for years and worked with him in Wm Lows when we were 17/18 ish, cracking lad but the bit about his time as a lead singer made me smile. I can remember him belting out Pinball Wizard at a youthy gig which got the same crowd response.

RIP Ian

The gig in the school hall was the stuff of legend. He was proper into the rock star front man bit.

Very sad news and so young RIP Ian, thoughts to all his family and friends...

And the best bit is that his Dad tried to bring him up a mag (I'm sure he confirmed this story after the Frank Turner gig last year, but i was a bit drunk). I remember he had a mag strip when he was young, but he soon saw the light and chose the correct path. I always took the piss out of him about it though. :lol::-(

The gig in the school hall was the stuff of legend. He was proper into the rock star front man bit.

Indeed he was briefly a mag! I think it made him even more rabidly red and white, that the darkside had tried to recruit him!

It's no time for petty rivalries of course, as a journalist he had a great degree of balance and stoicism.

Although I know he found it difficult not to celebrate some Sunderland goals when working at the SOL

No age at all to go and especially like that all of a sudden...

RIP lad..thoughts to your family and mates.. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back