Ian Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart attack

With nee history of heart problems, ie. out of the blue?

A neighbour was killed by the heat a few days back anarl.

None of us really know what's round the very next corner. :neutral:

Re: Ian Laws (S'land Echo Journo) - RIP.

One reason was that he would finally be able to take his young son to matches, so he left the free tickets and interviews behind and bought 2 season tickets

RIP Ian

All the more tragic.

RIP Ian.

Re: Ian Laws (S'land Echo Journo) - RIP.

More sad news.
Thoughts are with the family and friends of Ian.

RIP young man.

Sad news, especially for his young family.

I always enjoyed his match reports, as he clearly had a great passion for The Lads.

Filling up.

RIP.

A relative of a similar age with 2 young bairns was found dead yesterday too.

Although I should have gave the great bloke lots of thought last night I couldnt stop thinking about his little uns.

If you have bairns, give them a big love this weekend!

He apparently died of a heart attack whilst exercising on a running machine.

Sad loss for the region and SAFC but most of all thoughts go out to his young family.

So shocked to hear the terrible news. A really, really, genuinely nice lad. It is so sad. I will be forever grateful to you for getting me a ticket to 1992 FA Cup final. You turned up with it, out of the blue, late on the eve of the game and made me and me Nana the happiest people on the planet! I was only a youngen at the time but I will remember your kind heartedness forever. My thoughts go out to your family. RIP mate.

Re: Remembering a legend ian laws rip

Rest in Peace and thank you for helping a fellow supporter keep up to date with the latest goings on within the club.

RIP so sad, thoughts with Ians wife and children.

On behalf of us all here at Echo House, thank you all for this.
As I'm sure you can imagine, it's ben a pretty awful day, but the thing that has really helped us to get through it has been the spontaneous and genuinely healt-felt outflowing of affection and respect for Ian.
Again, thank you.

RIP
He seemed a decent bloke and was a true fan
So sad, 41 is way too young
My thoughts are with family and friends

Last edited:
Completely fed up :-(
Didnt really know him..but you feel like you do when you spend years reading his stuff in the Echo.

Stood next to him once in the Roker End 1996. He shouted his frustration at the crowd once who came in their numbers despite a poor crowd for a TV game the week before.

It's the young family thing that gets to everyone..especially those with kids themselves... I'm going to enjoy my weekend with the bairn as best I can now.

RIP Ian x

Completely fed up :-(
Didnt really know him..but you feel like you do when you spend years reading his stuff in the Echo.

Stood next to him once in the Roker End 1996. He shouted his frustration at the crowd once who came in their numbers despite a poor crowd for a TV game the week before.

It's the young family thing that gets to everyone..especially those with kids themselves... I'm going to enjoy my weekend with the bairn as best I can now.

RIP Ian x

aye you may not know the person but you recognise the name when you read about Safc.

RIP fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back