Ian Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Ian Laws (S'land Echo Journo) - RIP.

Shocked, rip. I followed him on twitter he had a very young family my thoughts are with them.

Totally shocked at this.

I've known him since we were kids at junior school.

When my book came out he came round mine and we concocted the publicity stunt / interview up together.

His bairn went to the same school as mine and I saw him every time I dropped her off.

Absolutely tragic.

Thoughts with his family.

RIP Lawsy.

Just seen this on PF

I'm totally shocked, I've known him since we were kids.

I know there will be a few on here who knew him well.

RIP Lawsy.

Thank you, everyone, for the messages on this thread.
As you can imagine, we're all in something of a state this morning.
I'm pulling together a spread about Ian for tomorrow's paper and, if everyone's happy, I'll use some of the tributes from here.
If anyone's not okay about me using their words, please let me know.
If anyone wants to say a bit more, please feel free to PM me.
Ta.

I'm keeping my head down mate as it was a shocking mistake by me :oops:

Good lad was Ian - used to talk to him in the paper shop most days but haven't seen him for a while......very sad :cry:

Read on man Sneech - never made a mistake? :-(

Fair do's B

Bloody hell, only last night i was reading one of his articles in the Echo (about Snow Patrol i think). He often championed the local music scene in The Guide on a Thursday.

RIP.

IIRC, he was one of the few who refused to be 'in the pocket' of the club during the slightly darker times. SAFC through and through, and it showed in his pieces. As someone else has said, a massive hole in the NE sports scene has gone.

RIP Ian.

The sad thing is he had packed in the sports reporting to do general stuff to enable himto spend more time with his young family.

I was going to say how sad that was but in retrospect at least it meant that he got some extra time with his family.

Such a shame.

Totally shocked at this.

I've known him since we were kids at junior school.

When my book came out he came round mine and we concocted the publicity stunt / interview up together.

His bairn went to the same school as mine and I saw him every time I dropped her off.

Absolutely tragic.

RIP Lawsy.

I knew him and his brother from School, footy, scouts and all that malarkey. Pretty shocked to hear he died so young. Top lad in my experience remember him being in rock band at school anarl.

gutted about this news,
great lad, good friend,
remembering some of the times I have spent with him,
thoughts with his family, son and daughter
RIP Lawsy :cry:

Worked with Ian for 6 years, indeed a top, top bloke.

Shocked and saddened.

RIP. :-(

The Echo journo, just read he died last night aged 41. No age that like.

RIP

Fuck. Was only talking to him recently. We went to a gig in the summer and he'd just been to his first Glasto. Good lad, Lawsy. Thoughts are with his young family. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back