Ian Lavery MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. He needs to give clear answers or face de-selection. He's on the 'strongly support' Corbyn list and so won't get touched. The Leaders on both sides would get far more respect if they acted on issues such as this.

If Corbyn has any mettle he'll have already have had a word with Lavery over this.

I don't know how much money your talking about but you did get paid for going on the picket line. For us it was 2 pound in the morning and a pound in the afternoon. You signed a book and at the end of the week collected a max of 15 quid from the miners hall. Lavery needs to be up front about what's gone on here. Any wrongdoing and if needs to be held accountable. This is likely to be the tip of the iceberg. Hate the way money corrupts people.

I think you may have missed the point , his and other names were down on the list , they never went or received a penny.

Some thieving union official lined his own pockets.

There to represent the members , of course they are....

Fast forward to Lavery , looking after his fellow union members , of course he is ....

I'd like both the police and Hmrc to have a good look at what's gone on here in Laverys case.

I think you may have missed the point , his and other names were down on the list , they never went or received a penny.

Some thieving union official lined his own pockets.

Fast forward to Lavery , looking after his fellow union members , of course he is ....

I'd like both the police and Hmrc to have a good look at what's gone on here in Laverys case.
That being the case it's a disgrace although I have no doubt this type of thing went on. I really hope your right and the whole thing gets investigated properly.

Your spot on,At some point I'd imagine the police and financial authorities have to get involved. And not just with Northumberland miners either....there will be plenty of ex miners that could do with any money that could be put their way, from coffers built by themselves and others. And if fraud has been found to have taken place, jail time for the guilty, because as soon as that could be a possible outcome I'm sure some of the upstanding past union reps will come forward and spill the beans if only to save their own skins

He's done well paying back the full sum of his mortgage to the num in 13 years mind...what was it? 250k or something?
Still not sure how you can get made redundant with a bumper pay off after you've taken another job as an mp, nice work if you can get it....even better if you can get laid off from it after taking another job

And num holding 15% of his house and not taking any rent from him! magnificent union that mind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back