Ian Holloway Compliment

..he should be respected by everyone. Hard life, regarding his kids...respect to him massively.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
I agree .
Seems a very decent bloke and has handled his family stuff in a dignified way.
A lot of Leicester fans profess to hate him for being the manager to take us down to the 3rd tier for the one and only season in our history.
That is unfair on him.
The club was a mess when he arrived , he tried but held his hands up and admitted the job was too big for him.

Funny how much of a top bloke Holloway is on here as he praised Sunderland

can guarantee the exact opposite if he'd questioned us!
He actually did a very very good job at a few clubs, his career suffered from too much media stuff IMO,

Funny how much of a top bloke Holloway is on here as he praised Sunderland

can guarantee the exact opposite if he'd questioned us!
He actually did a very very good job at a few clubs, his career suffered from too much media stuff IMO,
I've always liked him. Seems a decent enough fella.

I recall hearing him talk about when he decided things probably weren't quite right at QPR when he was there. He was attending a meeting in the boardroom when masked men barged in and held Flavio Briatore's head to the table with a gun shoved in his ear hole. Holloway doesn't speak Italian so didn't get the gun mens gripe, but he figured it wasn't a good situation and it was a new one for him during his years in the game. Laughed about it but was understandably terrified at the time.

Got nothing but respect for Ian Holloway. Nothing to do with that interview but the cards life dealt and how he faced up. Top blokeπŸ‘
Listened to a radio program once which went through his life and like you say the cards he was dealt and came away from it the same as you, nowt but respect.

In fact even felt a little bit guilty having previously thought of him as a mildly amusing but more annoying than anything court jester type figure who was desperate for any kind of fame and or nortoriety. I still think there's a little bit of that in him. But only a little bit.

Grimsby fans were pleased to see the back of him.

Only because of the end chapter when he made it clear he wanted out.
Up to that point they loved him.
A friend of mine once interviewed him for the manager's job at a League 1 club (they may have been in L2 at the time) and afterwards used exactly the same phrase.

Apparently he spent most of the interview talking about his daughters and had to be constantly dragged back to football matters.

He didn't get the job.

Once sat in the home end at Swindon as was in the running for the vacant manager job. Clearly thought it would put him in a good place.
He was not offered the job.

Last edited:

Back