Ian darke on man utd v wolves game just said

People talk about how difficult it is for footballers to play a lot of games over Xmas but this is Kevin friends 6th game refereeing since boxing day

Is he taking the piss? So a bloke has worked 6 shifts in about 3 weeks well fuck me what about all of us who have to go to work 5 days a week or more

Sometimes these commentators talk absolute shite mind

People talk about how difficult it is for footballers to play a lot of games over Xmas but this is Kevin friends 6th game refereeing since boxing day

Is he taking the piss? So a bloke has worked 6 shifts in about 3 weeks well fuck me what about all of us who have to go to work 5 days a week or more

He wasn't comparing refereeing to normal jobs, only footballers.

He's barely moved since the OP

How does that compare to the footballers he was comparing it to?

His point was that footballers have a hectic schedule over the Xmas period and so do referees, now 6 games over 3 weeks is hardly hectic is it

Like I said post below
If anything it was a dig at footballers. As someone who does a normal job I haven't been offended by the commentator.

Your clearly missing his point

Back