Ian darke on man utd v wolves game just said

3 week on x 1 week off working 12 hour shifts is the normal in the mining game here.... done it for years.
No wonder I'm fucked now. 😒

Read somewhere that referees run between 6-8 miles in the top games.

That’s his point. Running 6-8 miles with sprints included, every 3 days is a lot on your legs.

Read somewhere that referees run between 6-8 miles in the top games.

That’s his point. Running 6-8 miles with sprints included, every 3 days is a lot on your legs.

No it’s not.

I do 3 x 8 mile runs a week, I’m also a postman and walk about 10 miles a day - don’t feel a thing in my legs.

Do you do sprints in there as well, keeping up with the world’s top athletes?

When I was marathon training sprints at the track were squeezed in between on a Wednesday.
My point is that 6-8 mile of mostly gentle jogging with occasional short sprints thrown in and quite a bit of walking every 3 days is absolutely bugger all physical-wise for someone to do as a job, especially when they’ve had years to train for it and a lot of rest in between.

Last edited:
When I was marathon training sprints at the track were squeezed in between on a Wednesday.
My point is that 6-8 mile of mostly gentle jogging with occasional short sprints thrown in and quite a bit of walking every 3 days is absolutely bugger all physical-wise for someone to do as a job, especially when they’ve had years to train for it and a lot of rest in between.

I completely disagree, I personally think referees have a very physically intense job that not any average joe could do. Very easy to judge from the sofa, bit different if you were put on a pitch and had to keep up with the likes of Mane and Salah for 6-8 miles.

I completely disagree, I personally think referees have a very physically intense job that not any average joe could do. Very easy to judge from the sofa, bit different if you were put on a pitch and had to keep up with the likes of Mane and Salah for 6-8 miles.
Fuck off man train any one on here up for 8 weeks and we could all run about ffs
A very intense physical job us someine doing the tour de France or a triathlon

Last edited:

Back