Ian Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermows

Striker
Said once he realised religion was for the deluded and life was completely random and meaningless it made killing easy.

Thought that was interesting as many reckon religion is the root of all evil.

Said once he realised religion was for the deluded and life was completely random and meaningless it made killing easy.

Nietzsche wrote about it with his Death of God statement and fear of Nihilism, it's extremely dark from what I remember

This is one of the issues I have with religion. Whatever is being said or done, those who have religious beliefs say it's due to religion if it's good or because of lack of religion (or failing a religious test) if it's bad.

if god does exist he certainly works in mysterious ways, making a man not believe in him and then using that as a motivation for torturing, raping and killing a load of innocent defenceless children. Then f***ing with the police and families of his victims for decades after causing untold pain and suffering.

Sure someone will be on to justify how that can happen in a world where a benevolent and all powerful god exists but I'm fucked if I can believe it.

On the flip side, Peter Sutcliffe claims God sent him on a mission to kill prostitutes.

About 10 years ago I was temping at some shite back office job at RBS in Leeds and there was a retired prison officer who was working there. He reckoned that he'd been around Sutcliff before the trial and the ripper only mentioned the voices in his head after a Catholic priest convinced him to say it. Before that he was quite happy to admit to killing them because he liked it.

Sure someone will be on to justify how that can happen in a world where a benevolent and all powerful god exists but I'm fucked if I can believe it.
God gives all of us the free will to choose between good or evil, and many choose to follow the ways of evil. Unfortunately, when some people choose the path of evil, others may suffer as a result. However, in eternity, the righteous will be rewarded and the evildoers will be punished.

Conversely then you can still blame religion as at one point he no doubt had faith and it was losing that faith that led to what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back