I wouldn’t buy a used car just yet

Dealers already have unprecedented levels of stock, looks like a fuck load more coming on to the market, and that’s before we even get into PCP repossessions as the recession bites and new cars dropping in price forcing the used market down further.

Be some bargains in the near future.

I think it's safe to say the production company that films Can't Pay We'll Take It Away will still have a job

On a related note, with the end of Diesels approaching, surely the manufacturers will stop making them well before any deadline the government set. So resale value of an existing diesels will drop fast. We have a diesel, and we are just going to run it till it starts to cost a lot of money, then scrap value will be more than what anyone would pay for it. So i'd guess there'll be loads of fairly decent diesels going for peanuts.

Dealers already have unprecedented levels of stock, looks like a fuck load more coming on to the market, and that’s before we even get into PCP repossessions as the recession bites and new cars dropping in price forcing the used market down further.

Sky news good job I’m not a mod you’d getting a warning.

Guessing it's only a good thing for first time buyers or someone wanting a second car?
Not a bad time to trade up though. The scratchy market will probably be strong for the poor buggers having to tighten the belt but needing transp . They lose both ways ,terrible .....I'm still buying a decent Merc or top end Volvo probly , need an auto now ..:oops::(

Was he one of Moyes buys? I'm sure we signed Hertz Van Rental :eek:

The missus is just paying off her new mini and we’d planned to consider the appropriate point at which we got rid of one of our cars when I retire. We probably won’t need two cars when I’m not driving to work every day in my Golf, with the occasional/regular work trip. I had thought ‘actually we might as well keep them both because nobody’s gonna be buying cars atm and we won’t get much for either of them’.

The OP confirms my thoughts but from a different perspective.

My Mrs (No) PCP deal finishes in October and we are just going to hand the car back and walk away.
Don’t need her to have another car now so saving £250 a month is the obvious choice.

Has nobody read the article? It’s hertz America and Canada that’s gone under ( so far) so unless you like a left handed import then you’re going to be sad.
Early days though
I read it and all that has been added since he posted the article I think.

If you read it now it’s a very confusing article. Talks about US and Canada then UK and Ireland, then Europe.

Back