I wouldn’t buy a used car just yet

MonkeyLove

Striker
Dealers already have unprecedented levels of stock, looks like a fuck load more coming on to the market, and that’s before we even get into PCP repossessions as the recession bites and new cars dropping in price forcing the used market down further.

Be some bargains in the near future.

Last edited:

Dealers already have unprecedented levels of stock, looks like a fuck load more coming on to the market, and that’s before we even get into PCP repossessions as the recession bites and new cars dropping in price forcing the used market down further.

Sad times for those losing their jobs.

But you'll also get nowt for the car you're selling.

But you'll also get nowt for the car you're selling.
trade in values were crap anyway especially for older cars which generally went straight to auction. Delighted to have the MOT extended on the wife`s (no) car that I was looking to trade in before Christmas to wait for a bargain soon ish

The price will only plummet if people stop spending. The manufacturers and dealers will control the stock levels and ultimately the price.

Adam Smith FRSA (c. 16 June [O.S. c. 5 June] 1723[1] – 17 July 1790) was a Scottish economist, philosopher and author as well as a moral philosopher, a pioneer of political economy and a key figure during the Scottish Enlightenment,[5] also known as ''The Father of Economics''[6] or ''The Father of Capitalism''.[7] Smith wrote two classic works, The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759) and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776). The latter, often abbreviated as The Wealth of Nations, is considered his magnum opus and the first modern work of economics. In his work, Adam Smith introduced his theory of absolute advantage.[

Adam Smith FRSA (c. 16 June [O.S. c. 5 June] 1723[1] – 17 July 1790) was a Scottish economist, philosopher and author as well as a moral philosopher, a pioneer of political economy and a key figure during the Scottish Enlightenment,[5] also known as ''The Father of Economics''[6] or ''The Father of Capitalism''.[7] Smith wrote two classic works, The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759) and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776). The latter, often abbreviated as The Wealth of Nations, is considered his magnum opus and the first modern work of economics. In his work, Adam Smith introduced his theory of absolute advantage.[
Well that clears that up. Cheers Jeff.

The missus is just paying off her new mini and we’d planned to consider the appropriate point at which we got rid of one of our cars when I retire. We probably won’t need two cars when I’m not driving to work every day in my Golf, with the occasional/regular work trip. I had thought ‘actually we might as well keep them both because nobody’s gonna be buying cars atm and we won’t get much for either of them’.

The OP confirms my thoughts but from a different perspective.

Shame the millions out of work can't afford to buy them. Schadenfreude?

Back