I was there

Proper ones though. Pay on the gate (about 20p). Being able to stand without needing a nanny rail. Leave at midnight from Tennicks shop for London games straight from The Beehive and having a night in the town you're playing in or a stopover on the way back....some on here may remember the famous stopover in York :lol:. Only about half of our coach managed to avoid being locked up.
We made Wakefield our stop over. Bloody Hell what a place. Anything goes doesn’t come close.

My memory is returning.......we got there dead early. We went into the town centre but it was dead. We drove back out to the outskirts and went into a white village inn looking place. Got settled in there. The landlord ordered us a mini bus to get us and four others to the game. We had a couple of pints in there after the game then we were off.
I remember seing their end empty when we surged across the pitch at the end.
They were cheering when it was announced over the tannoy that Stoke had been promoted after winning at Notts County.
They weren't cheering for long, as hundreds of us charged towards their end and they scattered sharpish.
I seen a couple of corner flags getting launched into their fleeing supporters.

My memory is returning.......we got there dead early. We went into the town centre but it was dead. We drove back out to the outskirts and went into a white village inn looking place. Got settled in there. The landlord ordered us a mini bus to get us and four others to the game. We had a couple of pints in there after the game then we were off.
I remember seing their end empty when we surged across the pitch at the end.
My abiding memory is just that, they ran like fuck !

So was I

Memory of the day was walking into a pub and an safc fan from Cls/Birtley way spewing up in his pint glass

He was then offered £10 per head amongst his mates to drink it

He did and spewed up again

Back