I wanted him gone before he started, but after Saturday

As long as he keeps playing Flanagan then we are knackered. Anyone with eyes can see hes not a footballer, no coordination, totally awkward, stumbles around like a pissed baby giraffe on acid. Dobson is the same, but obviously he's banned now. Small mercies. From the sound of things though he's still looking for an excuse not to play Scowen in the middle. Apparently he's battling with Maguire for that position, so that's him knackered.

Last edited:
Does bringing in SKP give the players a lift?

How long will you give SKP to get it right?
Bringing Phillips if with no crowd is pointless.

He'd give the place a massive lift and the crowd would be energised.

But without any managerial record to speak of, it's a sentimental gamble.

We need a progressive, proven manager who can get teams out of League One. Phillips is not that man (yet).

As long as he keeps playing Flanagan then we are knackered. Anyone with eyes can see hes not a footballer, no coordination, totally awkward, stumbles around like a pissed baby giraffe on acid. Dobson is the same, but obviously he's banned now. Small mercies. From the sound of things though he's still looking for an excuse not to play Scowen in the middle. Apparently he's battling with Maguire for that position, so that's him knackered.
Best defender last week Flanagan

We need a progressive, proven manager who can get teams out of League One. Phillips is not that man (yet).

I agree with that. I'm not sure you attract good managers when you're sacking your manager 1 week into the new season though. It suggests a club that is a mess and unstable. A manager already in a role is unlikely to take such a risk. An unemployed manager with any kind of credible record (Paul Cook) will wait for a Championship job to come around.

Phillips is not the answer and sadly with current climate club not getting any income sd hasn't got the finances to sack manager and bring in another "if there is a takeover "surely new owners will have a say who they want in charge

I don't 'hate' him but I don't think the negativity towards him is solely based on pre conceived opinions, although granted this does play a part. There is also the fact that his points return is shit, the team selections and tactics are too negative, we are 1 dimensional and therefore easy to play against. We are playing the same players that we did last year as he has failed to add any pace or guile over the summer and because he's reluctant to try anything new or play anyone else, especially young players. It remains horrible as a spectacle.

He really is just bringing the same thing week after week and hoping that it gets better. I personally want to see him show some courage and try a diferent direction, because this one is tried and tested and it doesn't work.
His points return is poor but has improved greatly since he sorted out issues, got the players to a level of fitness he was happy with, ditched mcgeady and found a system that he could work with. We dominated games and put teams to sword in a way we never did under Ross. It tailed off at end but we have no idea if we would have bounced back cos of covid.
Hes done some shrewd business in window but also been curtailed in bringing other players in due to salary cap. And has had one league game, although disappointing we should have won, and folk are wettin bed. Its ridiculous. Folk need to deal with reality

how many more games are you willing to suffer with this idiot in charge?

Don't get back on the sofa at half time. (stew will not peddle him man). We need wins sharpish.
He has learnt fk all clearly.

Where has this pre season energy gone with the young lads? Why is Scowen dropped? Why is he sitting on his hands? What the fk has changed from last season?

Arseholes.

Last edited:
I find the 'hate' for PP embarrassing. Its not based on anything more than pre conceived opinions of him. I couldn't give a fuck if he has a dour persona. Give the guy a f***ing chance.
aye because his 30 odd percent win ratio deserves it doesn't it? People talk about "when he has his own squad of players". He brought 5 in during January and one after the window closed, of those only Bailey Wright was a starter. We never saw two of them at all, we paid Declan John and Tommy Smith for 6 months just to sit on their arse
This window so far, only one new signing made a start in the first game (not including Wright). We signed a goalkeeper for the bench and promoted our second best goalkeeper from last season, I must be odd because I thought you were supposed to improve. The young lads who performed well weren't even considered and he went with the slowest midfield ever to grace a football team and now considers an even slower player to replace the suspended one. His football is dire, archaic and his away form is nothing short of abysmal whilst here. We score very few goals away from home, we lost to a team that hadn't won since God was a boy ultimately costing us a place in the play off, we hadnt won in 4 games, now make that 5. Please note that none of the above are "pre conceived"

We will have a good idea of whether Parkinson is up to the job after the next three games. One of our main problems has been not beating the better sides in and around us. Two wins from Oxford, Peterborough and Charlton would be great for him. Defeats or the odd draw in all three will really see the pressure mount, crowd or no crowd.
We would need an experienced manager at this level if Parkinson goes. We can’t afford to appoint someone who needs to learn the manager’s job (SKP). That’s way too much of a gamble. We are in the last chance saloon to get out of this league before the wage cap beds in and results in a totally level playing field in future seasons once existing player contracts expire.

Last edited:

Back