I wanted him gone before he started, but after Saturday

He's performed as expected thus far and he's not the sort of manager we should have at the club to deal with our particular issues. That being said we've got to give him a bit of a run this season before giving him the bullet if he fails to perform. And those that are fearful of who they'll replace him with are entirely justified in their concerns.

I am really past caring, I just laugh at how incompetent the entire club is :lol: . My opinion is though, just get in a young manager with an exciting brand of football, even if it means staying in this league for 2/3 seasons, lets get an identity and stop buying job lots of players.

I’m prepared to give him a few games this season.

As disappointing as last Saturday was its only one game, let’s see where we are after 6 games.

I‘d be far more upbeat if he actually played the players he brought in to supposedly improve the side.

We had the most shots on target in the entire EFL on Saturday, we also had the best xG in League 1. To me it's hard to blame the manager under them circumstances because it means we've created a lot of chances, plus Burge has tossed the gameplan out the window after 3 minutes.

Logon or register to see this image

But if we create that much regularly, the results have to come with it.

Absolute
aye because his 30 odd percent win ratio deserves it doesn't it? People talk about "when he has his own squad of players". He brought 5 in during January and one after the window closed, of those only Bailey Wright was a starter. We never saw two of them at all, we paid Declan John and Tommy Smith for 6 months just to sit on their arse
This window so far, only one new signing made a start in the first game (not including Wright). We signed a goalkeeper for the bench and promoted our second best goalkeeper from last season, I must be odd because I thought you were supposed to improve. The young lads who performed well weren't even considered and he went with the slowest midfield ever to grace a football team and now considers an even slower player to replace the suspended one. His football is dire, archaic and his away form is nothing short of abysmal whilst here. We score very few goals away from home, we lost to a team that hadn't won since God was a boy ultimately costing us a place in the play off, we hadnt won in 4 games, now make that 5. Please note that none of the above are "pre conceived"
You blame the January window on PP? V unfair. You have no idea the parameters he was working under.The form improved in January because there was competition for places. Good management. The football in this period was good.. His football isnt dire. I've enjoyed watching his team far more than JR. I agree about the away form but let's see if that improves. You are basing your 'young lads' comment on one league game. Ffs, it's one league. They will get a chance

how many more games are you willing to suffer with this idiot in charge?
We drew a game we should have won. It's not the end of the world. If we aren't Top 4 by Xmas I'd be looking for alternatives
Safc fans are no different to other fans and by that I mean fickle as fuck. I never wanted him here and his first couple of months I thought I was right in that opinion.

Then after December for 6 weeks we looked a different team and looked decent and my opinion changed. But that Bristol Rovers away game last season and his inability or courage to play the young lads who have been excellent in pre season i want him out again

But if we win the next 5 games then my opinion will change again just like the majority of fans
Pretty much sums it up

We had the most shots on target in the entire EFL on Saturday, we also had the best xG in League 1. To me it's hard to blame the manager under them circumstances because it means we've created a lot of chances, plus Burge has tossed the gameplan out the window after 3 minutes.

Logon or register to see this image

But if we create that much regularly, the results have to come with it.
Also with this, a think a penalty is equal to 1.0 in xG? So the difference (without the daft penalty being given away) is 2.4.

I don't rate him at all. His style is poor, his record in the championship (where we should be planning for) is very poor and fundamentally he's been pretty poor with us to date. He's had 33 games in the third tier and his win % is 36%, his avg career win % is also 36%. Compare this to Dennis Smith's at 58% last time we were here, Jack Ross was 48% in the league in his first season.

I cant see him improving on this massively, but he will likely keep us going enough to be in and around the playoffs again - as such he's going absolutely nowhere, even though the cold reality is we should be targeting comfortable automatic promotion with a squad and style to compete in the Championship.

I think Donald saw him as a safe option under the mistaken belief that all Sunderland fans want is direct football with a fully committed team. Yes, we like to shift it forward and we appreciate quick play, but I'd say we prefer this in a progressive manner with skilful wingers and intelligent movement. Being fully committed is also surely a prerequisite for any player regardless. Just an awful appointment really.

Absolute
You blame the January window on PP? V unfair. You have no idea the parameters he was working under.The form improved in January because there was competition for places. Good management. The football in this period was good.. His football isnt dire. I've enjoyed watching his team far more than JR. I agree about the away form but let's see if that improves. You are basing your 'young lads' comment on one league game. Ffs, it's one league. They will get a chance
are you saying he had no input into who we brought it? The form in January was average, we played Tranmere and MK Dons, February was much better and March was a f***ing failure. If you've enjoyed watching this shite, you get everything you deserve. How can I base my comment on one league game when they haven't been selected? I am basing it on what I saw during pre season and the slow, by passed cumbersome midfield on the whole of last season. You brought JR into it and you've enjoyed watching Parkinson's team more. Jack Ross had a 50% win ratio, Parkinson 36%, I think you need to get your priorities right

are you saying he had no input into who we brought it? The form in January was average, we played Tranmere and MK Dons, February was much better and March was a f***ing failure. If you've enjoyed watching this shite, you get everything you deserve. How can I base my comment on one league game when they haven't been selected? I am basing it on what I saw during pre season and the slow, by passed cumbersome midfield on the whole of last season. You brought JR into it and you've enjoyed watching Parkinson's team more. Jack Ross had a 50% win ratio, Parkinson 36%, I think you need to get your priorities right

But as we've discussed before, win percentage means fuck all without context. Jack Ross had a higher win percentage because he inherited a squad with internationals and PL experienced players. He also didn't inherit a mess of a team mid-season and had a full summer and a half decent wedge of money to bring in some proven players.

If looking at win percentages was the best way to judge a manager, being a successful chairman would be easy. Parkinson should be (and will be) judged starting from this season.

He's performed as expected thus far and he's not the sort of manager we should have at the club to deal with our particular issues. That being said we've got to give him a bit of a run this season before giving him the bullet if he fails to perform. And those that are fearful of who they'll replace him with are entirely justified in their concerns.
Seems like just wasting time until the inevitable.

If there was a fans' vote, it'd be a resounding "get rid now".

Sadly, he's the dumpy hobbler's yes man, so he's here regardless.

As long as he keeps playing Flanagan then we are knackered. Anyone with eyes can see hes not a footballer, no coordination, totally awkward, stumbles around like a pissed baby giraffe on acid. Dobson is the same, but obviously he's banned now. Small mercies. From the sound of things though he's still looking for an excuse not to play Scowen in the middle. Apparently he's battling with Maguire for that position, so that's him knackered.
This is the the kind of nonsense that makes me take this place with a bucket of salt. Flanagan was probably our best defender in the last game. He is a good third division player. Whether he's capable of making a step up I can't say. He will have his opportunity next season. Bookmark this, we are going up.

The idiots are the ones doing the hiring, not the managers.
Welcome to the world of Ipswich , Evans has gone through more bad décisions than our FL history collectively

SD/CM are the modern day Marcus Evans , same game plan , quick return to the PL then sell - now he and we are fecked- no bugger wants to buy us and he sure as hell is not going to invest

But as we've discussed before, win percentage means fuck all without context. Jack Ross had a higher win percentage because he inherited a squad with internationals and PL experienced players. He also didn't inherit a mess of a team mid-season and had a full summer and a half decent wedge of money to bring in some proven players.

If looking at win percentages was the best way to judge a manager, being a successful chairman would be easy. Parkinson should be (and will be) judged starting from this season.
Jesus wept, they might mean fuck all when comparing managers but they mean an awful f***ing lot about someone's career. Parkinson is allowed to be judged on his career to date and that is 36% over a 17 year career. You bang on about how Ross didn't inherit a mess of a team, yet Parkinson made them worse. yet another fan happy with less than mediocrity in the 3rd tier of English football.

Back