I think we all should take a test

So in other words, provide misleading data to the government so you can get back in the pub?
There’s less than 0.2% of the world that currently have it and that’s while mass testing.
And only 0.00125% require medical assistance. That could be anything from bed rest to ventilators.
So if anything we would see a sharp increase in % of serious cases. The same way we judge Flu or similar.
We never report on someone who has flu with mild symptoms.

If everyone does them then although some asymptomatic people will test positive the the vast majority will come back as negative. This will push the positivity % down, this might lead to restrictions being eased.

It will, but they already use the ONS survey data to understand what the population looks like as a whole.

Trying to rig the data to get a pint in is just selfish nonsense
There’s less than 0.2% of the world that currently have it and that’s while mass testing.
And only 0.00125% require medical assistance. That could be anything from bed rest to ventilators.
So if anything we would see a sharp increase in % of serious cases. The same way we judge Flu or similar.

What’s your point? Is this just going to be another lockdown bad rah rah rah argument? Yes we know, lockdown is bad but if you fudge the numbers at a critical period, you destabilise the data and make it harder for them to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
I have been taking at least one a week for a while now. Its not very pleasant, but it gives me some comfort that I will be less likely to be spreading the disease when I am out and about.

I have also now signed up as a participant for the ONS survey, so I will probably taking these for at least another year (one per month).

All negative results so far, hopefully that will remain the case.
I've took part in the Ipos one so I guess I'll be getting more of these through the door
If everyone does them then although some asymptomatic people will test positive the the vast majority will come back as negative. This will push the positivity % down, this might lead to restrictions being eased.
That's my thinking

Last edited:
I've got about 6 boxes on lateral flow test what my daughter has been bringing back from school.

I thought today I'll take a test for the sake of it. Negative result.

This got me thinking this week we should all take a test.

So who's with me in taking a test this week?

you test yourself, ill try some cola, fruit juice and some other moist substances and see what we come up with

If everyone in the country took a test today there would be more false positives than real cases.

This is exactly why we don't test everyone for rare diseases as it doesn't help identify genuine cases.

Last edited:
Well not yet ;)

I've got about 6 boxes on lateral flow test what my daughter has been bringing back from school.

I thought today I'll take a test for the sake of it. Negative result.

This got me thinking this week we should all take a test.

So who's with me in taking a test this week?
I have to do two a minimum of 2 a week. I’ll give you a shout if I’m riddled 👍

Back