I think I might have Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Snort-snoring waking me up gasping for air loads of times during the night. It's now starting to give me panic attacks and anxiety over nodding off and suffocating ffs. Totally stupid I know, but unfortunately mind over matter isn't working.
Feels like I have a ball of phlegm stuck behind me adam's apple too.

Ironically, Only time I can sleep is when I'm half cut or take sleeping tablets.

Gonna have to make a Dr's appointment now like. Just wondered if anyone else has it?

Can you get one of those nose clips that opens your sneck so you can breathe easier?
Would that even work?
From my Googling, if it is OSA then the problem is further back where sorta the tongue tissue meets the back of the throat. I basically need to lose some beef, booze less, exercise more. If that doesn't work, there's a machine with a mask that can be used for positive air pressure or even surgery. Again, that's assuming it is OSA.

From my Googling, if it is OSA then the problem is further back where sorta the tongue tissue meets the back of the throat. I basically need to lose some beef, booze less, exercise more. If that doesn't work, there's a machine with a mask that can be used for positive air pressure or even surgery. Again, that's assuming it is OSA.
Logon or register to see this image

Not in his case....he’s a heffalump.

I wasn’t suggesting you were a moon unit btw, sorry.

Always struck me as being a Woozle

My pal has this. Told by the consultant to stop smoking and shift some timber & he would have a high chance of a natural cure. He didn't take any notice and now sleeps with a mask on & is quite happy to continue to do this. I find it odd that he relys on this contraption to breathe normally rather than trying to help himself.

Snoring is a problem in my house. The concerns have been raised.

The one who doesn't snore is kipping on the settee frequently, which doesn't seem fair...

Back